Options

Subaru Ascent set for towing our tab

BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
Our new TV needed a 5 “ drop hitch, 6” might be better. Went with the Pridogy RF brake controller. The factory hitch minus the ball is a 5 “ drop, but to wide to mount our sway bar attachment. It also is vey short.

2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Ahhh, it happened @BirdieJane! Congratulations! Looks great!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    NHCraigNHCraig Member Posts: 26
    This will be my setup eventually so do let us know how you like it!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Well my first tow, keep in mind we were towing with a 2016 Subaru Outback. By comparison the power is noticeable. Fuel economy in heavy traffic 16.1 mpg. Will give further as we get used to it.
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
  • Options
    sharfiesharfie Member Posts: 7
    BirdieJane- please keep us up to date about your thoughts about the new TV
  • Options
    We will keep posting as we do more towing. This first trip was flat terrain and terrible Seattle traffic. In a couple weeks we will travel to the East side of the state over snoqualmie pass, then to Glacier National Park the first week of Sept. So I am looking forward to seeing the difference in power when traveling over these mountain passes.
    So far, I can say we are liking this vehicle. We were able to take 7 people to dinner the other night. We will now have the ability to bring along our canoe, bikes, and extras and not exceed our weight limit on the hitch and tow vehicle.
    MORE TO COME!

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @BirdieJane will you have time to stop in Spokane to see the SpoTabbers? It would be great to see you both again, and to see your new setup! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    We will be coming through Spokane on September 1.
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart
    We will be coming through spokane on saturday sept 1. Our schedule doesnt have us arriving in glacier until monday. We are looking for something to do-somewhere to see on saturday and sunday. Any suggestions?
    What are you SpoTabbers all doing that weekend?
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @ericnliz, @2Cougs, @Dalehelman, @Vikings, @Dalene54, plus whoever I’ve missed, what can we come up with for these dates? @BirdieJane I just checked and Riverside State Park, Bowl and Pitcher has exactly one site left for the nights of 9/1-9/2, leaving 9/3. It’s a dry camping site in the upper level. Isn’t as nice as the lower loop by the river but it’s a campsite during a crowded holiday weekend. It’s the park closest to all of us. If you’re interested I’d jump on it, as you can always cancel later. You can see the site pics at Washington.goingtocamp.com.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Not sure what I'll be up to quite yet. Maybe a BBQ? I know this guy...... ;)B)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Ok so just FYI, today I open my glove box since Subaru installed out trailer hitch. Well in the glove box is a pigtail to plug in under the dash for a brake controller. So it is pre-wired. 
    I called our tab dealer, they suggested an RF controller, becuse they had not done an install on this vehicle. RF controller is working great, but just know your controller can be a plug and play option.