Options

Keder Rail Lock.

After a weekend on the windy shore of Lake Superior, trying to keep our Visor in place on our 400, I cobbled up a lock for the keder rail. It's just a chunk of shaped 3/8 PTFE rod with a #10 thumbscrew threaded through it. I also used a couple more it to lock the visor cords in place. Seems to work pretty well so far. We'll be back on the North Shore in September to give it a challenge.

Tim & Joan, Anoka Minnesota
Silver on Silver 2018 T@B 400, 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

Comments

• Options
    GibWGibW Member Posts: 95
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
    2017 T@B Max-S, silver & silver, towed by a Titanium Silver 2018 Kia Sorento AWD V-6, Twin Cities MN
  • Options
    OpenSkyOpenSky Member Posts: 30
    Slick!  Thanks for sharing.  We've not yet had to look for secondary restraints, although we've come close.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Great idea!  As a quick alternative and fix for moving visors I've also seen people use a binder clip in the Keder rail to keep it from moving around.....  I think you could take orders and sell your neat mod!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited August 2018
    Binder clips work as I used them at üCamp18 to keep my visor in the same place in the Keller rail in mildly windy conditions.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Head to your local hardware store and the Hilman bolt and nut bins.  Look for furniture fixtures, barrel nuts and thumb screws.  If you have ever assembled any of the furniture that comes in a flat box, the you have probably used them. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    MNtabernacleMNtabernacle Member Posts: 19
    atlasb said:
    Head to your local hardware store and the Hilman bolt and nut bins.  Look for furniture fixtures, barrel nuts and thumb screws.  If you have ever assembled any of the furniture that comes in a flat box, the you have probably used them. 
      At first I did buy the Hilmans - quick and off-the-shelf. A full round barrel wouldn't go past the screws that attached the keder rail. The PTFE was easily shaped into a partial round with a knife until it slid through. I like the binder clip suggestions too, I just hadn't thought of that. Love the T@B forum folks.
    Tim & Joan, Anoka Minnesota
    Silver on Silver 2018 T@B 400, 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab