Another Newbie Starting off

SteveGrizSteveGriz Member Posts: 7
Just got a 2016 320 S Max. Have been doing several of the mods on it. I had a great learning experience today and wanted to share. I currently am pushing the limit as I have a Subaru Crosstrek. I know, I will have to make a change soon but for short trips now it will work. I just added the Tekonsha RF Brake Controller and set it up. We are going camping tomorrow close to home at Red Top Mountain. I wanted to back the trailer up our inclined driveway to have ready to leave tomorrow. I start backing up and get to where the trailer is going up and my car is just starting to go up. It will not move. I give it all the gas I can and it will not move. 

I am thinking that it just is too underpowered to push it up. Just then I realize that the Tekonsha brake controller has a backup mode that will turn off the brakes for backing up. This unit has a hold feature to keep you from rolling back on upgrades. So I put it in backup mode to turn off the braking and the car moves up the driveway with no problem.

Lesson Learned. 

Anyone else have Peach colored trim?

Comments