Options

Advice when purchasing during wintertime

I'm getting closer to making a decision on either a nice used or 2018 "new" 320S.  If anyone purchased their trailer in the wintertime where it gets cold and units must be winterized, how did you handle the issue of having them show you that everything works if the unit has already been winterized?
Any advice is welcome.  Would hate to find out next spring that there are lots of cracked waterlines/elbows, seals, etc!
Thanks!
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Ikc001, we went to pick up out trailer May 14, 2016 in michigan. Most dealers have an indoor service area. We're inside during our "walk through". After we checked everything out, the dealer then winterized it as it was below freezing outside. We drove home through sleet, ice, rain and snow. Just a quick question to the dealer is how you handle it all. Good luck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    I did a winter (December) order of a new unit.  Had delivery date to my dealer scheduled for after the local freeze date.

New cost a bit more than used . . . did allow color control and full options control plus ended up with a brand new up to date unit :)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 586
    I picked up my new 320S exactly one year ago and it had been winterized. They de-winterized to walk me through and show how to use everything and that it all worked. If I needed them to, they would have re-winterized, but mine is stored in my garage.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    We picked up our 2016 CS-S on January 6, 2016 from Tom's Camperland in Mesa, AZ, and then headed home to Washington State.  Tom's left it winterized, ie all water drained, but Alde still worked for heat as that is a glycol system.  I am not sure we got a lot of instruction, but we got enough and then read the manuals during our trip home.  At the Las Vegas trailer park I learned how to not turn off the neighbors power, but he was cool about it.  At Great Basin Nat'l Park we learned the Alde works in 2 feet of snow and 10 degrees F...and all about condensation.  The trip scoured all the "shiny" off the diamond plate due to sand on roads but now I don't have to worry about that! 
    I guess I am of the impression the dealer can show you how it all works but until you start using it, and until you de-winterize and winterize, you won't REALLY know how it works.  And the learning never really ends.  
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    I should add that Tom's did install the Prodigy RF brake controller, and then I got the braking set about right.   That might be one of the more important aspects of picking up your trailer...making sure the brake system working optimally.  
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Options
    DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    We bought our T@B 320S in August, still fully winterized. Granted we had a cold summer here in Canada.  :) I would take a look at what you have for warranty. With a used machine there is likely none. With a new machine you should be able to get them to negotiate a new start date and have them write that on the bill of sale.
    ...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.
  • Options
    BLGTABBLGTAB Member Posts: 2
    First, if it is currently winterized, check all cabinets that have plumbing in them and verify their is no pink solution dripping any wear before you start. Then you should be able to turn on the water supply areas, watch the pink solution come out as normal from faucets, toilet and shower. If any line is broken or cracked you will see pink solution seeping out.

I just bought my 2019 T@B 320S and it was already winterized when I bought it, that was the demonstration given to me at time of purchase at the dealership.  Then they flushed it with water and same perfect result...  I was off to florida!

My camper is currently for sale, still new, unforseen reasons i need to sell, check it out if your interested...  I have an add on the T@B Trailers for sale forum.