Options

TAB 400 Taillights

Does anyone know how the STT lights are attached to the TAB 400?  Or better yet, how do they come off?  Surely they must be replaceable without doing a lot of disassembly of the plastic trim.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @falcon1970, the tail lights of the T@B 320’s were always siliconed in place.

Looking at my taillights on my 2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite, there is a silver ring around the actual taillight. If I were so inclined, or needed to, I would take a plastic putty knife or similar tool and try prying the silver ring away. 

But, better than guessing, try emailing tech@nucamprv.com and ask Creed how the taillights are attached. That’s safer than guessing. I don’t think he will answer until after their holiday break, by the way. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @Verna. I thought there might be a clip or some such thing holding the trim ring on.  I slipped a putty knife in behind it and pried just a little.  I didn't get very energetic because those things have a tendency to break really suddenly.  I did see a screw head behind the trim ring so I'm thinking the trim ring is held on by clips and the light itself is held on with screws.  I plan to email Creed but as you said--Christmas break!  I thought someone on the forum may have figured it our already.  I'll report back when I get some info.