Options

Alde Valve Leak

We're on our way to T@Bazona, camping for the first time since last October.   We're spending a few nights at Cranes Mill COE Campground in the Canyon Lake region of Texas.   All systems were a "go" until I switched over the Alde valves from winterizing to camping season (we have a 2015 320 S T@B).   That's when I noticed the leak coming from the coupler in the picture.   It's in the cold water feed line to the Alde.    It's only a problem when I want hot water.........it doesn't leak otherwise.  Has anyone had a similar problem and replaced the coupler?   How does one remove it?   Is this part available anywhere or it is
unique to Alde?  If we have to, we can limp along until we get to T@Bazona where I'm sure more intelligent minds will prevail.   Any advice?

2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    You might want to call Tom's Camperland (nuCamp dealer) in Mesa AZ, only a few miles from the rally, and send them this picture.  They may be able to get the parts together for you in advance, or possibly, do a quick repair.  

https://www.tomscamperland.com/

Mesa: 480.894.1267

T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    That sounds like a good plan, unless it is a generic part which can be purchased almost anywhere.   Not sure what it is technically called and how to remove it though.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    It looks like Pex tubing to me.  Ace hardware has some of it, or maybe a commercial plumbing store. 
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Those couplers are special to Alde one side is us standard the other side is metric. I believe Alde in  Vancouver WA. is the only place you find them. Although a T@b dealer may have one. By pulling the collar back the tubing can be removed. I would try removing the tubing from the end that is leaking. Apply some petroleum jelly to the tubing then reinsert it. Do not retract collar when installing just push it in all the way. If that doesn’t work the “o” ring is probably damaged. If you can’t find a replacement we will be at T@Bzona. And I just happen to have one.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Thanks Dale, I looked at it again and it seems to be leaking at the metric end.   I'll give it a try in the morning when there is more light.  I'm also going to contact the dealer in Mesa and see what they might have.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    RxRickRxRick Member Posts: 1
    I have a similar problem, water leaked from that very coupling after de-winterizing , connecting to city water to fill up the Alde tank. Don't know how to describe it, but the coupling was spread apart. I pushed the coupling together and it stopped leaking. I have no idea how this type of coupling works. Does it loosen when winterized? Did I actually fix it when I pushed it back together, or will it start leaking again? Thank you.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited June 2022
    If it’s not leaking again you are probably okay.  I think it’s a pressure fitting that contains an “O” ring inside the coupler.  I doubt that de-winterizing had anything to do with it but do make sure you are using a bronze water pressure valve on the city water hose coming into the trailer as the system is rated at around 50 PSI and if you hook a hose directly to the trailer without a water valve to reduce incoming water pressure from the campground water supply it will blow water out beneath thy e trailer via the Alde valve to release the excess water pressure.  As Dale noted above you could use a small amount of Vaseline on the O-ring to create a better fitting if it does come apart it consider replacing the O-ring.  

Water Pressure Regulator
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ