Options

Almost a new T@B 320S Boondock Edge owner TV 2019 Jeep wrangler JL

Hi Everyone. This is my first post! I was looking for some insight on custom colors for my T@B and also if anyone has any input on the towing comfort. We have a 2019 4dr Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon. We are looking to travel the country but I would like a little input on towing comfort from the forum. Excited to start our adventure and joining this great forum.

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @MikeJulieAdventure, welcome to the forum. I think the most common custom color is the teal trim, which I do like, but there are custom purple and green and blue trailers out there. The limit is your imagination and pocket depth. It's all part of the adventure,  so enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I have a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S with the tow package (3500 lbs) and a 2019 T@B 320 S.  After taking the setup to the CAT scale, the trailer weighs in at around 2100-2200 lbs somewhat loaded.  I was surprised that I was fairly light on the tongue weight at about 160-180 lbs.   I've only towed it one time from Mesa AZ to Tucson AZ and got about 15 MPG and no handling issues or sway at all.  I use a 2" drop ball mount bar and no sway bar.   Hope this helps.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    Dragonsdofly Thank you for the welcoming! Klengler did you install a sway bar?
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I did not install a sway bar.  I had ordered an adjustable drop hitch and sway bar from etrailer, but each weighed in at about 30 lbs and I didn't want to add that much hitch weight if I didn't need it.  I ended up with just a simple 2" drop ball mount.  I kept the other parts until I had a chance to tow it, and determined that no addition equipment was need and returned the part. I can highly recommend etrailer. 
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    ArwenArwen Member Posts: 68
    I tow our 2018 T@B 320S Boondock with my 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (V6 4x4), with 4,500 pound towing capacity. I've average 16-17 mpg towing so far in Northern New England and upstate NY, where all my trips have been very hilly so far.
    I don't have a sway bar, but I have noticed a bit of sway when it has been windy and I was traveling at 60 MPH.  This might be because the dealer installed a 2" drop ball mount, which is not quite enough drop, making the trailer a bit out of level, with the tongue weight less than it probably should be.
    My T@B actually tows better when the fresh water tank is full, as that adds quite a bit to the tongue weight, and levels things out better. We also own the side tent, and on our last trip I laid on the floor in front of the door, adding more weight in front of the axle and I didn't feel any sway at all.
    I may try to find a 3" drop ball mount, as being as level as possible and keeping heavy items in front of the axle (or in the back of my Jeep) made all the difference in the world.

Arwen: Northern NH; 2018 T@B 320S Boondock, silver/blue; TV: blue 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    Thank you Klenger we will wait on the sway bar and see how she sways. Arwen thank you for your input. I have the 2" factory lift on our Rubicon. My thinking would be that our ball drop should make the trailer pitch up 2" to my TV while empty. Then as weight is added the T@B should level out

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I also tow with a Jeep Wrangler, but a 2017 JKU.  Sway can be largely eliminated if you ensure your hitch weight is at least 10% of the total trailer weight, so if 2100-2200 pounds fully loaded, you’ll want, at least, 210-220 pounds on the hitch.  Also, your drop hitch should be such that you are 16” from the top of the ball to the ground.  For a boondock model, that would be 18”.  I have never experienced sway pulling my T@B.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Thank you John! We just ordered a 2020 Boondock Edge Red with Black trim. We are very excited we hope to have one of the first off the line.