Options

Bike rack installed! Ready to go

BarteurBarteur Member Posts: 24
edited March 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades
Hi everyone just wanted to share my installation setup for my bike rack. My goal was to install my std bike rack to only have one I was able to switch from the TAB to the SUV. My major issue was the length of my rack but this worked out well. It’s awsomely sturdy and easy to instal. At first I thought I would have to drill a second hitch pin hole in the rack but I built a quick stopper (steel angle) that will act as a second security on top of Hitch anti swing thingy. I had looked for so many options without answer for my situation and thought I would share this one.

EDITED FOR PICTURE SIZE

Comments

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I like how you did this.  There are so many ways...  Your eyes can roll back in your head.  I have a similar mount on my aframe, but my horizontal mount has the bikes on the other side.  I see that you put a clippy thing to tighten down that part, much like the one I have on my trailer hitch.  Is that some sort of bumper on the backside to keep the unit from bumping into the window?  

Nice bikes... Do you trail ride?

Also, I see that you made a u shape for your trailer wheel.  Does it work well? I have to position my wheel at a 90 degree angle in the driveway...

The snow in your picture is probably gone now, right?  Ours is melting fast and I could be getting ours out of storage soon.  My wife can't wait...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    TerryV6 said:
    I like how you did this.  There are so many ways...  Your eyes can roll back in your head.  I have a similar mount on my aframe, but my horizontal mount has the bikes on the other side.  I see that you put a clippy thing to tighten down that part, much like the one I have on my trailer hitch.  Is that some sort of bumper on the backside to keep the unit from bumping into the window?  

Nice bikes... Do you trail ride?

Also, I see that you made a u shape for your trailer wheel.  Does it work well? I have to position my wheel at a 90 degree angle in the driveway...

The snow in your picture is probably gone now, right?  Ours is melting fast and I could be getting ours out of storage soon.  My wife can't wait...
    Hi yes back in the trails this year. The u shape you mean the one on the bike tire?
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    no... just the wood piece keeping your trailer from rolling out into the street...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    julieinvailjulieinvail Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    would love to figure out the same system for my Thule rack similar to yours.  Could a non-handy girl figure this system out on her own?
  • Options
    TerryV6 said:
    no... just the wood piece keeping your trailer from rolling out into the street...
    Had forgotten about this one... yes works well its two 2x8 by about 12’´ Long one full with rubber underneath and the other with the u shape drilled on top.
  • Options
    would love to figure out the same system for my Thule rack similar to yours.  Could a non-handy girl figure this system out on her own?
    I would say its fairly simple but its quite heavy  to put the bike tack into the support. Then putting the bikes that high is also a challenge. If you are looking for only a way to carry bikes the jack it bike rack could be a good option with less trouble and potentialy less back pain ;-)