Options

T@B 400 Grab Handle in Bed Area

I’m not sure if this has been posted earlier as I couldn’t find it, but wanted to share it nonetheless. I found a nice marine grab handle online and have found this to be very useful when climbing out of the bed in the back of the 400.  This is handy, especially if you sleep in close to the corner at the rear or even getting out of bed as it gives you better leverage to get out of the rear bedroom area. 

Obviously when you install the handle you need to take care, so that when drilling through the wall, the bolts are spaced away from the shelving on the inside of the closet.  This would be a nice “standard” item inclusion into the 400 build.

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    Good idea ! I’ve thought the bed a bit low, and have contemplated raising the plywood base. It would be fairly simple to ad a couple of inches by fastening blocks etc around the perimeter. It would also increase the volume of the ‘basement’. Raising the bed would make it easier to get in and out, especially with a handle.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    RCB said:
    Good idea ! I’ve thought the bed a bit low, and have contemplated raising the plywood base. It would be fairly simple to ad a couple of inches by fastening blocks etc around the perimeter. It would also increase the volume of the ‘basement’. Raising the bed would make it easier to get in and out, especially with a handle.
    The only issue with raising the bed is that although you gain height and space below, you lose sleeping surface area above.  That’s okay for a solo camper but with two people it’s always an issue of not having enough bed and comfort area and with the contoured  rear ceiling space becomes a premium and making the bed is hard enough as it is.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Oooh, I love the wall mounted tissue holder :)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL