Propane Conversion on Honda EU2200i

vorticityvorticity Member Posts: 14
We wrestled with how to haul a generator around with our SUV and finally decided to avoid carrying gasoline, we would do a propane conversion on a Honda Generator.  It works great. The beauty is, if we need to carry the generator inside the vehicle, there is never a gas smell.  The conversion kit from Hutch Mountain permits running on both gasoline AND propane AND natural gas, but we have decided never to add gasoline so we don't have the smell.  I posted this video on YouTube to show the conversion process.  https://youtu.be/HFpKKuhfE20

2019 T@B 320 Boondock Edge

Comments

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    edited April 2019
    Nice video
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Great job on the video!  I like how the regulator attaches to the propane bottle and not the generator.  I was hesitant to do this conversion because of possible damage to the regulator while transporting the generator.  Do you think the regulator could be mounted in a location on or near the T@B to use the propane bottle in the  (with a "T" fitting for two hoses)?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • vorticityvorticity Member Posts: 14
    Tabaz said:
    Great job on the video!  I like how the regulator attaches to the propane bottle and not the generator.  I was hesitant to do this conversion because of possible damage to the regulator while transporting the generator.  Do you think the regulator could be mounted in a location on or near the T@B to use the propane bottle in the  (with a "T" fitting for two hoses)?
    I'm not sure which regulator you are talking about, the one that comes with the conversion kit?  It's going to be tough to attach that one to the T@B since it can't be more than 3 feet from the generator.  Now, you CAN run an extension hose from the propane tank on your T@B to the conversion kit regulator.  The regulator is pretty durable, but even so I have put it in a little plastic container just to keep it safe.  I also changed out the box on the front of my 320 so that I can carry propane, the battery, and the generator on the tongue.

2019 T@B 320 Boondock Edge
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Yes - the conversion kit regulator. I don't want to lug around an extra propane bottle just for the generator.  Having trouble finding a "T" fitting with a shut-off valve to run an extra hose from the propane tank in the tub to the regulator at the generator. Will post any progress.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • davel4wadavel4wa Member Posts: 91
    Check propane tank fittings & adapters at Amazon. Lots of adapters including tees and quick disconnects with shutoff.
  • cueball77cueball77 Member Posts: 3
    So nice not to have to mess with gas , fuel last for a real long time . No stabilizer needed , carb doesn't gum up from ethanol fuel . Fumes are a lot less prevalent but you do lose a little performance at higher elevations . And you can buy LPG at just about any u-haul , truck stop or as a last resort one of the large home improvement exchange stations.   :)