Options

Black water disposal for boondocking

Ok all you boondockers,  when you are out for extended time how do you dispose of your black water?  Assuming since you are not near dump sites.  Not sure that we will really boondock but being able is inviting to us. We were talking with a fellow camper the other day and he told us he camps on time per year.  Starts in May and ends in October.  Usually stays at BLM sites and hasn't had any nightly fees to camp.
2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I find a dump station as needed. If it is very close, I have a 25 gallon Blue Boy, fill it, hook it to my hitch, take to the dump station and empty it. 

If it’s not very close, I drive the needed distance. Some are free, some charge. It’s worth the fee. 

As you probably are already aware of, there are Federal laws prohibiting illegal dumping of RV tanks. The fines involve the EPA fees for the cleanup. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    edited May 2019
    . . and not to mention that squatters camping/living on public land, abusing the land, leaving waste of all kinds, etc is the reason that states all over the country are closing down camping sites for everyone because of the abuse. . . . . some are ruining it for all of us
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!