Brand and Model of Solar Panel Tab 400 Boondock lite

Would like to add an additional solar panel to our Tab 400 Boondock lite.  Spoke to my dealer and received a quote of $632 for the panel.  Seems a little pricey and I feel I could find it at a lower cost if I knew the brand and model of what is on the trailer at present.

If I can't locate this information, I guess I will go with a "suitcase" style and deploy it when I am boondocking.

Comments

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    NuCamp changed supplies in summer of 2018, if after that through current production the supplier is Sunflare and they only sell to OEM's and it is a custom panel made just for the 400.

It is a much nicer panel than previously and so far has performed above specs.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Check what your dealer is quoting you as to brand, size and what all is included.  the last I heard NU Camp was using a new system from Sunflare.  t\They listed in their recently released 2019 NU Camp MSRP Parts List, T@B  400 Solar kit at $1,267.45.  Sounds as though your dealer is going a different direction.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • tybladesmithtybladesmith Member Posts: 178
    @johnny_swindle, What year of 400? I believe the current manufacturer is SunFlare. I also believe they are OEM only. This panel design puts the connection box on the underside of the panel. The location for the panel and connection box and wires need to be engineered to match roof framing and wire route to the charge controller. NuCamp provided install instructions for the 320 so I was able to install like the factory installation. This design reduces the likelihood of water leaks through the roof others have reported! I also use a Renogy 100 watt solar suitcase, as needed using a separate charge controller. I would talk with NuCamp.
    Kay and Tom - SW Wisconsin - Silver T@bernacle - 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Silver/Black trim TV, 2018 Chevy Colorado, Silver/Black trim, Duramax, TowHaul, IntelliHaul
  • Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    If you looked at Page 94 of the unofficial manual (link below), you'd find the details for the Solar Panel along with the other equipment specifications:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CTxMp8mzJ_tvvVb9FjmXF63E5WXZCO-2

By searching on those details, you'd get this
    More Electricity When Camping
    Sunflare® introduces Capture4 solar technology. ... Flexible. The .127mm stainless steel substrate allows for generous curvature. Durable ... Wattage: 190.
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • johnny_swindlejohnny_swindle Member Posts: 19
    Thank you to everyone who has replied so far. This explains the costs that I was quoted. After reading everyone's responses, I will go with an external suitcase with a seperate charge controller as @tybladesmith did for additional power when needed.

• johnny_swindlejohnny_swindle Member Posts: 19
    BTW, my dealer quoted me a price of $1,166 for the installation of an additional panel, replacing the current charge controller with a one that would handle the increased output.  So the cost is not outrageous but more than I would like to spend at this time.