Options

Fantastic fan lid not opening

Good morning,

I have a 2018 320s with the standard fantastic fan. One of my teens tried to open the lid with it still locked, and the opening/closing knob has now become stripped, and the lid inoperable. Anyone know the part/procedure for repairing? Dealer is pretty far away, so I’d rather do it myself. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Options
    Brad42Brad42 Member Posts: 25
    I spoke w/Dometic, and have a new knob coming. They were great. As it turns out, I discovered I can raise the lid by turning the philips screw in the middle of the knob. Since this screw does not come out, does anyone know how to remove this knob?
  • Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    Brad42 said:
    I spoke w/Dometic, and have a new knob coming. They were great. As it turns out, I discovered I can raise the lid by turning the philips screw in the middle of the knob. Since this screw does not come out, does anyone know how to remove this knob?
    I suspect Dometic will send you a whole new assembly--knob, gears, housing.  You probably won't end up replacing just the knob.  Just unbolt the old assembly and put the new one in its place.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    The crank handle fell out. The phillips screw was loose. I have tried several ways to get the handle to work properly. There must be a procedure to reinstall it. Nothing is bromen, screw threads good as is the other parts. Where can i get the info needed?
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    The screw is fine, not stripped. All other parts are fine. Why won't the handle stay in place when it is put back into fan unit?

2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E