Options

The Ghost in the Machine

Hi All, perhaps this has been addressed before.  If so I'm sorry to bring it up again but...  It seems that my Jensen television in my 400 Outback keeps turning itself on.  I have turned it off via remote, by the "power" button on the back and have made sure that the entertainment center itself is turned off. The trailer is not plugged in to shore power.
  The T.V. responds to all commands and will turn off when the above actions are taken.  I haven't checked but once a day after turning off  and within twelve hours or so but upon further inspection within that time period ....the T.V. is on.
   The 400 is equipped with solar so the power draw is not an issue.  The only action I haven't taken is to turn off the battery switch. I don't think I am expected to do so just to keep the television from turning itself on.
   Has anyone else had this problem?  If so...what was the cure?
  I've run this past my dealer (it's under warranty) and he seems as perplexed as I.  It would be a shame to change out the television only to have the problem persist.
   Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated...
   See you  around the campfire one of these days....Pete

Pete & Jeanne 2019 T@B red and grey 400 Boondock Lite..TV 2015 Nissan Frontier, Southern Louisiana

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Does your tv have a timer setting? Is there an line fuse in one on the lines to the tv you could pop out until you get things figured out? You know, when you’re weary of dinking around with it.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    PJ123 said:
      Hi All, perhaps this has been addressed before.  If so I'm sorry to bring it up again but...  It seems that my Jensen television in my 400 Outback keeps turning itself on.  I have turned it off via remote, by the "power" button on the back and have made sure that the entertainment center itself is turned off. The trailer is not plugged in to shore power.
      The T.V. responds to all commands and will turn off when the above actions are taken.  I haven't checked but once a day after turning off  and within twelve hours or so but upon further inspection within that time period ....the T.V. is on.
       The 400 is equipped with solar so the power draw is not an issue.  The only action I haven't taken is to turn off the battery switch. I don't think I am expected to do so just to keep the television from turning itself on.
       Has anyone else had this problem?  If so...what was the cure?
      I've run this past my dealer (it's under warranty) and he seems as perplexed as I.  It would be a shame to change out the television only to have the problem persist.
       Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated...
       See you  around the campfire one of these days....Pete

Yes, I had this exact problem. You accidentally turned on the alarm for the head unit (probably when you set the time), which wakes the head unit up and in turn sends a control signal to the tv to turn on.  Turn off the alarm and the problem will go away. 
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    PJ123PJ123 Member Posts: 41
      Thanks JEB outside now to do that very thing..Thanks again!
       jgram2 No timer setting (that I know of).  I check on that when checking on alarm setting.      Thanks all !!
    Pete & Jeanne 2019 T@B red and grey 400 Boondock Lite..TV 2015 Nissan Frontier, Southern Louisiana
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Would plugging in this little switch fix the issue?..
    http://tabforum.nucamprv.com/#/discussion/6582/blue-television-light

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    PJ123PJ123 Member Posts: 41
      Hello All!  Forty eight hour update here..... Yes, as JEB had suggested the alarm WAS set.  After turning off alarm the  television has never come on by itself again.
      Thanks everyone for the input!  Hope to see ya around the campfire one day...Pete

• Options
    linolino Member Posts: 225
    I unplug my television to avoid the phantom power drain