Options

Outside Shower Unit Install

stevevstevev Member Posts: 8
After three days of measuring and diagramming the logistics,  I ordered a DURA FAUCET DF-SA189-WT outside quick connect shower unit. I won't post right now just how I fit it under the 2014 T@B Wetbath sink using the supply lines to the sink but it is doable with some serious measurements and planning before cutting the hole in the side of the T@B. I installed the outside quick connect shower unit on "Sunny" and finished today. Here are pictures of the unit outside and the white box under the bathroom sink is the inside. I used PEX pipe to make some very short "pipes" where connections were really tight [both sink faucets, cold water at back of DURA box, and at cold water inlet off wall supply.] Two Tees, three 12" and one 20" braided 1/2" supply lines. Took the sink skirt off during the install. Hooked up hose to T@B from house water and tested for leaks and functionality. Made one minor adjustment. No leaks. Put the sink skirt on and used some clear caulk on the edges to seal it to the wall. Caulked other corners of the inside bathroom as needed (it is a wetbath with inside shower). Put tools and stuff away. No...there won't be pictures of the outside shower being used...well, maybe washing dishes or cleaning muddy boots or cleaning fish! I'm done!  ...well, I have a 8"x15"custom locking baggage door ordered that I'm going to install on the rear passenger side at the under-seat storage area so that we can access it from the outside [won't have to remove the inside seat unit to get stored items.] More later...

Edited for photo size.  Sharon

Comments