Options

Cupboard door opens when travelling

I have a tab 400 boondock. 2019. The bottom cupboard will open while traveling and dump the contents. I want to add a lock to prevent this. I like the childproof magntetic lock as there is no hole to drill thro the door, but then i have to not lose the magnetic key.
Any of you guys tried another lock like maybe a push to release?

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @Tundra57
    Are you referring to the door below the silverware drawer?  That should have a catch on the right hand side.  It is fairly robust.  Unless you have something rather heavy banging against it I can't imagine that it wouldn't hold with road jouncing.  Check to see if that catch is missing.  If it is not there, there are several types available at Lowe's or Home Depot.
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    @Tundra57 Our lower cabinet door opened once while underway. We now put a spring-loaded adjustable curtain rod between the door and the opposite side before departure just to be sure everything stays put.

Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Falcon 1970. Yes the catch is in place and works. I have my plates on the bottom shelf and some canned stuff on top. Both in plastic bins.
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Pamandjohnupnorth. Thanks for the idea. I like simple lol.
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Ahhh...  the old door opens and camper is a mess when you stop thing

This has been a concern for many.  In the back, our doors open left and right, not up.  So, to fix, we use bungie cords stretched horizontally.   In front under sink, we also use the curtain rod trick..
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Tundra57, I purchased silicone baking sheets (just a flat piece of silicone smaller than a cookie sheet) and put two of them side by side on the cabinet floor, both top and bottom shelves. That way the wooden trays my canned goods and other stuff in other wooden trays would not be able to slide and open the door. The silicone made it non-sliding and solved my problem. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Mine is a 320.  Here is how ours looks...

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI