Options

Going out for our shakedown trip this weekend

13»

Comments

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    hatbox said:
    Picked up ours in Phoenix last week and took it straight up to Lake Powell, Az for a break in.  Never even knew our battery fuse was blown since we had been on shore power the whole time since picking up.   Figured that out after we got home after camping and tried to turn on a light with no power supply.  Went out yesterday and bought 30 amp fuses which light up when they blow, since we could barely make out the fuse wire was severed.  That seemed to do the trick, and we learned that you hear a fan come on when the battery is charging...(good to know.)  We had not heard that fan run since bringing it home from the dealer, so must have had a low battery (6.7) since purchase.
    As for the weekend, it was a lovely learning experience.  We did discover that we accidentally had the heat on along with the hot water, which cancelled out the air conditioner, but got that sorted by bedtime, and sleeping in the t@b is like being in a womb...wonderful.  But... the table simply must go, post haste, and we will make slats.
    As for Wahweap campground, it was just luxe. The sites are terraced, so views of the lake and sky are wonderful, and kayaking from the beach up the road was sublime, with the sandstone cliff formations outlining the blue lake.  The view of the sunrise and sunset from our Hatbox was an unforgettable treat on our maiden voyage.  We are so excited planning future trips in our little t@b.

Lisa and Tim, cottonwood, az
    2015 T@b max s Sofitel the "Hatbox",   tv: 2013 subaru outback
    This is exactly my scenario including the dealer i think. In my case, the battery had a 10amp installed fuse that blew somewhere into the 3 day shakedown trip.  Luckily, MAWEBB suggested replacing now two blown 10 amp fuses at the battery with a 30amp which I did, along with resetting the breakers in the converter. Magically, battery chimed in with a reading of 12.1 (no shore/house power) and all lights and fan work, and i am now hoping it is charging since connecting it to house power. i am so thankful the battery did not deplete any further than it did before finding the blown fuse and figuring out it needed to be a 30 not a 10.  Phew!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Would you believe that in 89 nights of camping in the Southwest this past winter, I heard coyotes just about every night, but I never saw one live one.  I saw a small herd of burros at night at Lake Pleasant.  I guess I just don't look in the right places for the coyotes.  I know there is one who goes through my yard here at home because my Shih Tzu loves to roll in their piles of waste.....oh you have no idea how badly that smells!  It's called bath time OUTSIDE, with rubber gloves on me! 
    Looking to book a couple nights at Lake Pleasant for September.  Do you happen to remember especially nice site numbers for t@bbers?  It looks as though I can have pretty much whatever I want right now.  Yes, I know it will still be hot, but the lake IS swimmable and accessible from many of the sites, right?  Anybody else who has camped there, pleases chime in!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Looking to book a couple nights at Lake Pleasant for September.  Do you happen to remember especially nice site numbers for t@bbers?  It looks as though I can have pretty much whatever I want right now.  Yes, I know it will still be hot, but the lake IS swimmable and accessible from many of the sites, right?  Anybody else who has camped there, pleases chime in!
    Actually, I stayed at the wrong Lake Pleasant campground. Don't go to the RV Park at Lake Pleasant, or you might end up in a large gravel parking lot with porta-johns, 1/2 mile from the real bathrooms. Make sure you go straight and don't make the first turn that will take you to the RV park. And if your site is described as having a severe incline, don't take it. I understand those cannot be used for small campers like teardrops and trailers. But, I also understand that Lake Pleasant Regional Park is gorgeous, and 98% of the campsites are great. I'll find out this winter when I go to the correct one!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited August 2015
    Yep - Lake Pleasant is a nice campground, spent two nights there. As Verna notes, just make sure you hit the State Park campgrounds. They have sites with and without elec.
    I had one with a steep entrance - was very tricky to turn, back in and go up. Couldn't see the tail end of the T@B as it was above my mirror view. Once on top it was nice and level though.
  • Options
    Cool thanks. The state park has online reservations and you can "view" each site. I have been clicking through the 100+... :)