Options

Changing Black Tank Sensors on a T@B 400

2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592
    JEB said:
    . . . thinking of swapping out the stock black tank sensors for Horst Miracle Probes.
    Well did you proceed with changing the Tank Probes?

I did so on a boat holding tank several years ago - - - with zero improvement in the KIB monitor usefulness.

Do to that boating experience I was so glad to see my T@B (pre-2019) had the external sensor SeeLevel system.  Still not 100% reliable but far, far better then the KIB method  imho

NüCamp switching to KIB was a disappointment for me . . . makes me less likely to trade up/newer my 320S as newer model years appear to have manufacturing cost saving 'enhancments' that don't improve the user experience, just help the profit margin.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I installed the SeeLevel system on my former 2015 320 T@B and liked it better than the current sensors on my 2019 400.  I know that there were issues encountered with the SeeLevel computer chip sensors and believe that was why the changes came about.  I liked the digital percentage readouts and felt comfortable with it.  If debris gets on the sensor in the black tank I seem to get an erroneous read, even after dumping the black tank.  It’s a small issue as far as I’m concerned and a minor inconvenience in the big scheme of things.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ