Options

Tab 400 Mod-CoolCat Thermostat wedge

My DW is vertically challenged (5'2") and has found the placement of the Dometic Thermostat impossible to read. After returning from an extended trip which she could only read the thermostat by using her iPhone's camera which created some frustration.  Since I have found that happy wife equates to happy life, I followed the advice of previous posts that a wedge might help.  I added a wedge which changed the viewing angle of the thermostat which has allowed my DW to read the display.
2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
Massachusetts

Comments

• Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    @Denis P Nicely done! Can you share what you used or created for the wedge?
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    edited August 2019
    I used a scrap of Azek trim. The Azek cuts beautifully and it color matched the thermostat. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    k4mank4man Member Posts: 14
    Ohhhh, that's genius! I'm 5'6" (at least I used to be) and I have to climb onto the dinette to see it at night. It's very frustrating. Where does one purchase or get a scrap of Azek trim? Did you screw the Dometic controller onto the Azek and then attach the Azek back to the wall? Is there a whole post about how this is done and I just missed it? Thanks for your help (from somebody who isn't 6'3" in order to see this darn thing at night) :anguished:
    2020 T@b 400 Boondock
    TV: 2013 Lexus GX 460
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    edited August 2019
    The wedge can be made from just about any material (wood, Azek...). I just happened to have some scrap Azek trim. A piece of cedar or other wood siding or a shingle might be perfect.  Another solution is to use your phone’s camera to see the thermostat display without a step stool  
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    Nice! I'm also 5'2" and couldn't read the monitor for the AC. I thought it was defective until my 6' husband insisted that he could see it perfectly! My solution was to buy a little folding stool to keep in the closet, but this is better!