Options

Difficulty Dumping from a 400

At times I have difficulty dumping the tanks. This occurs when the vertical distance from the bottom of the trailer outlet to the top of the dump inlet is limited. The hose fills up and must be manipulated to get it to empty. I’m using a 15 foot hose, but plan to cut the hose, say 40/60, install connectors and use a shorter hose when dumping. Running both wheels on blocks perhaps will help. Another solution suggested by a dealer is to use a portable macerator pump. This an expensive solution and you have the issue of storing the pump.  Suggestions of other solutions would be appreciated . Thanks.
400 - 2019
St Catharines, ON

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    I’d have to say our experience is 50/50 with having to manipulate our 15’ hose because of the lay of the land at dump stations. Gotta love those gloves. And while I appreciate having water at the station to rinse the hose, I’m sad to say not everyone is very careful with the spray. I really dislike getting on my knees in a puddle to reach the valves on our Outback (boondock).
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Several years ago with our old TT, I once had to put the TT up on blocks to get enough drop just to empty the tanks.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I gave my sister a 90* elbow to put on her RV’s sewer outlet because the outlet came straight down. 

Maybe yours will be easier to get to if you add a 90* or a 45* elbow when dumping. 

I have the 400 Boondock Lite and I’m far enough off the ground that I have no trouble with limited room for the sewer hose. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    I bought one of these in the middle of a recent x-country trip due to the same problems that you are facing. It doesn't work in every situation, but nothing really does in life, eh? https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Sidewinder-Support-Lightweight-Plastic/dp/B000BUU5WW Make sure if you go this route that you get the 20' version for a 15' hose. Just works out that you can't always use or need the full length of the ladder due to the height of the trailer and the dump location, but 20' always seems to work out in the end. (pun intended)
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD