Lusting for T@b 400-family and friends think I'm nuts. Too small they say. I want your feedback.

2»

Comments

• AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    Hi, I am a solo lady living and traveling full time with my little dog in a 2020 400 BD. I had never even hooked up or backed up a trailer before purchasing my T@B. I love it! I got the 2 way fridge so I’d have the closet, and got the solar. It’s a learning curve for sure, and took some major adjustments coming from the “3-2-1” life (3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 acre lot) but I am very happy. I am tall, and can stand up straight, even in the bathroom. That may not seem important, unless you’re stuck in miserable weather for four consecutive days. It tows well, goes where I want, and has enough room for us (me and 25 pound dog). Good luck!
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
  • nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
    we have a 2015 cs-s.  We bought it new and have enjoyed it more and more as the years go by.  We were also tent campers for years as we raised our family.  Why did we enjoy camping?  The answer seems to be common to most on this sight.  We have an outside kitchen and I can't imagine not being outside for that first cup of coffee.  Others are happy inside the shell.  the tab models offer so much flexibility for individual tastes.  Small?  Seems most are bigger that the tents they have replaced.  Our boys have those larger campers.  They're nice.  As mentioned by an earlier poster - all the comforts of home.  I am so happy to have all the comforts of tent camping, with the comfort of the tab.  Make room for your husband.  He'll likely join in.  enjoy.
    2016 cs-s max
  • cycleblokecyclebloke Member Posts: 9

I’ve owned six RV’s in the last 14 years, including four Airstreams.  I’ve probably racked up about six years living in them.  In September I added a TAB 400 to the quiver.

I spent the month of November traveling single from northern Michigan to FL to San Diego.  I have the closet and smaller electric fridge (I dislike gas refers) and was quite impressed at the usefulness and amount of storage for a small trailer.  I’ve never been a fan of wet baths but with the shower curtain it actually works quite well and the heated floor is a nice add.

Ten years ago I could go to any Rv park or campground and get in on short notice even with my larger trailers.  Today that’s often not the case and having a trailer this size gives me more options than my larger one.

For me RV’s are a means to a mobile lifestyle, not a camper, and the TAB 400 is a great trailer for it’s size.  I wish I could have said that about my small Airstreams, but I think this is better.

TJ
    Traverse City/San Diego 
  • ZeckmmZeckmm Member Posts: 10
    My wife & I bought a 400 BDL last July and absolutely love it. It is not too small for us, in fact we have more storage than we thought. We have gone on several 1-2 week adventures & several shorter ones. Planning for many more & several month-long trips.
  • boonieboonie Member Posts: 83
    wife and i headed out on our winter texas trip with our 320 in February. long story short, realized we wanted more room, found a mint condition 400 on the road and have never looked back. storage, closet, taller, inside and plenty of room on the bed, plus a larger kitchen plan for her. couldn't be happier. :)
    2018- 400- Colorado V6-Marin MT bikes :) 
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    edited March 2020
    While we are social distancing and basically on lockdown here in Oregon with ALL state parks, etc. Closed we decided to visit our 400 in storage yesterday about 1/2 mile from home. I remarked while there that lots of room! Definitely lives bigger than it looks from the outside. We have spent 40+ nights in the year we have had the 400 and still happy with our choice, hopefully we will be able to use it this year...
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite