Options

Expansion/contraction popping sounds

OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
I looked through the forum to find references to this but there were none. Does every T@B make expansion and contraction popping noises? Just want to make sure that this is normal! The sounds are not mechanical and are definitely emanating from the outside skin and frame of the T@B. I had an aluminum canned ham trailer previously that didn’t make noise so this is new for me. The sounds wake me up at night.
2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo

Comments

• Options
    targtarg Member Posts: 81
    edited August 2019
    Ours does.  It starts as soon as the sun comes up and the pops move across the T@b with the sun until it gets fully lit.  Then it starts again as the sun goes down.  I think it's just the plastic trim though.  Nothing sounds structural.
    No thermal noises at night though, not even when winter camping.  but I can't recall having a large thermal differential at night.
    The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice. | -REBEC OF GINAZ
    2019 T@B 320S BD Lite, Jeep TJUR, Jeep JT

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
     "I think it's just the plastic trim though."
    Aha, a possible reason for the trim cracks we keep hearing about.
  • Options
    targtarg Member Posts: 81
    Yeah, they really should be mounting that trim with oversized holes and bushings or loctited but loosely tightened machine screws so it can slip. 
    The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice. | -REBEC OF GINAZ
    2019 T@B 320S BD Lite, Jeep TJUR, Jeep JT