Options

Trailer Tie/Hold Downs

I would never consider a T@B as a shelter in place in an event of a significant weather event.  But I would like to possibly find it where or near where I left it when I return.  Here in Florida there is a variety of mobile home tiedowns on the market which are significant in size.  Has anyone researched any portable rv type tiedowns or come up with a plan besides leaving it to the insurance coverage?
2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
Odessa, Fl.  

Comments

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    The type of tie down will always depend on what kind of ground you are on.  Sand require longer and wider ancors that hard pack dirt of concrete and black top.  You can even find snow stake for a tent.  But imagine that for a tent, a stake can be as much as 24" long and you can need as muck as 8.  But since they are aluminium, you can not use them in dirt, but can use tyem in soft deep sand.

so, realy depend on where you are camping.  

2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 756
    Seems like a lot of work for a one-in-a-million event.  As Luckyj says you would need a collection of stakes for different types of ground.  And, to what would you anchor the tie downs once you get the stakes into the ground.  Winds strong enough to move a trailer would probably just rip it apart anyway.