Options

Nucamp Is High Quality!

N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
edited September 2018 in Factory Comments
The local Central Oregon RV show was this weekend, not as big as Hershey, PA I am sure, but I would guess a couple hundred+ units from all the local dealers at the fairgrounds. I had already pretty much settled on a T@B 400 as my choice, BUT went to see what is out there.

Most dealers will tell you, aluminium/fiberglass or stick/tin choices and then decide on a floor plan in whatever construction 

The quality in many many of the RV's on display is very poor to the point some had bathroom or closet doors that would NOT even latch, but I guess quality doesn't sell! Yes there may be better floor plans, BUT I looked at most of the brands on display today and even $400K class A's don't have dovetailed drawers! Only one used Airstream as we don't have a local dealer, a fairly large unit that I would guess sold new far north of $100K new and it was fairly new with LED interior lighting, even that didn't impress me too much. The "granite" floors in a couple of the large class A Diesel pushers felt very solid and the craftsmanship was generally better than the under $100K units, but still not a one had the craftsmanship as the two T@B 320's at the show.

The 400 I looked at at the local dealer three weeks ago with the loose tub (I mentioned that in another thread) had an unfortunate accident on way to the show, tub fell off and went under the unit, destroyed the tub and bashed in the front diamond plate, so did NOT make the show and sounds like may have to go back to the factory for repairs, oops that is what inattention to detail during the PDI gets you. I even mentioned I noticed that tub was loose at the dealer three weeks ago...

So, I am here to say in the small trailer category in the $30K range there is nothing that has the quality of T@B 400 (nor the components such as the Froli system, Alde, etc. (there are a number of others using the Azdel) and now the decision is just where to buy one from, as I don't think locally they have one to sell any longer and besides it was listed at $39K which I think is a bit inflated, so time to shop and possibly road trip!
2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite

Comments

• Options
    dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    edited September 2018
    I agree! This is what drove my choice of this RV.  You will pay about the same price for a much bigger camper however you will simply not get the quality that NuCamp offers on theirs.  The wood cabinets and construction is very solid and will last for years to come.  The quality of the components they choose also is excellent.  For example you won't find many campers that have the ALDE heating system and not even Airstream uses them.  I can personally say also you will not find a better company that stands behind there products even when things may go wrong.  I expericened this when my first camper had issues.  NuCamp took care of everything and gave us a brand new trailer 2 months later since they had to build a new one for me.  Who does that?!  Don't even get me started on the Jayco brand of trailers.  Youtube it and you will see the shoddy quality that goes into these things!  I am sure they are not the only one either.  As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMJrRQ3SVk

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 591
    @N7SHG_Ham great you could get to the show. Really unfortunate about the tub on the 400. When I saw it, there was even an "inspected" sticker on it. I know of someone in our area that went to Eugene and was pleased with the service. The service dept at our local place is less than enthusiastic to help or warranty. I looked at a Lance and that quality seemed good. Good luck with your search!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    @N7SHG_Ham I couldn't agree more. I went to the Hershey show on Friday and came away with the same conclusions. As I mentioned in my comment under the "new T@B Aria" thread, I am not an RV owner yet but it will definitely be a T@B when it happens.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    cycleblokecyclebloke Member Posts: 9
    I just visited the plant in Sugarcreek this week and I am impressed by the quality.  I think it also helps that its a relatively young company and management also visits the European RV shows looking for new and different ways to do things.  That's something that sets them apart and gives them a different appeal.  I've owned four Airstreams and Airstream has used the Alde system in their Classic for several years and the German Truma hot water/heat system in the Basecamp.  Both work very well.  While I haven't seen the Aria yet, I expect it will be a bit more European than its US competitors.  That said, I'm ordering 400 Boondock Lite.
    TJ
    Traverse City/San Diego