Options

Under bed storage bin

Just wondering what folks are using to store items under the bed thinking about buildind a 4 or 5' long plywood box to git through the hatch.  Cannot find a suitable off the shelf solution
BigGrover
2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
Central Alabama

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583

2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    Thanks Atlas, I am looking to find a way to access all my carry items from the outside.  I store my cables, hoses, tools, leveler blocks etc. and don't want to have to access them from inside the camper.  I don't have the reqisite skill to cut a hath door like you did but would if I could!
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    I use the back of the Frontier bed to store all the allied tools, etc.  The Pet cot, Paha Que visor, string lights and other items accessed thru the side hatch.  The painter poles extra slinky in the tube mounted inside from drivers side.  The spare black water flush hose, extra and used drain slinky hoses with caps on stored in propane tub.  The Cap on the rear of the Frontier has side opening window/ doors and that gains easy access to a lot of things.  I carry the power cord in one of several 5 gallon plastic buckets, the water filter and stand in another bucket and a couple 5 gallon buckets with seal lids for the counter weight for the visor.  a couple other 5 gallon buckets to dump gray water when the tank is full and I do not want to move the 400.  which ever lawn chairs and tables we use that time and which ever floor mat we use and if we use the screen room and mat, also inside the bed of the truck. we find with the 400, we usually take way more than we need and keep adjusting the carry on items to the trip.  Love all the space!
  • Options
    Sparky13Sparky13 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks, AtlasB! I’m curious how you bought/fabricated the grey tubes that you use to prop up the cabinet lids - ?
  • Options
    Hey Sparky 13,  After a lot of research and chasing parts and trying to get all the measurements, I decided the easiest approach was the simplest way to go.  I remember that NU Camp had a picture of the early 400 and they used the Strong arm shock supports.  Could not come up with what was used and went with Schedule 40 PVC electrical tubing in the 1/2 inch size about 13 inches long.  Got the black rubber can tips, 3/4 inch to slip over the tubing and a Pan Head sheet metal screw long enough to leave about 1 inch screwed into the 2x4 brace for the bed.  They are long enough to rest on the gray tube for storage at back.  I use them when I need to work under the bed.  Normally once the bed is made, I don't like to have to re do it, so the reason for the door to get access under the bed. The mounting is a trial and error position of blocking the lid up and measuring for the attaching point.  
  • Options
    Sparky13Sparky13 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks AtlasB! I’ll run to a Home Depot and pick up those parts!