Late 2018/2019 T@B 400 Batteries Group Size?

Has anyone pulled the plastic cover off the 400 batteries after they switched to a dual 6V setup? I am trying to find out if there are a common golf cart battery like a BCI Group GC-2? Ordering a 400 and if a common size (especially the GC-2) there are drop in LiFePO4 Batteries replacements, would reduce weight and provide about double the usable AH in the same footprint with zero modifications to the plastic case or tie downs.
2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite

Comments

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    From info (vague and incomplete) from nuCamp the two 6v batteries supplied with the current TAB400's are GC-6.  Of the two models shown in the link I think nuCamp uses the EVGC6A-A.  When you go to the link, click on the "View Details" button and that brings up a page with the amp ratings at all the different ways to measure amp ratings.  I'm impressed that they show them all.
     "Battery link http://www.harrisbattery.com/search/EVGC6A
  • PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    When we toured the factory this summer at uCamp we saw they were installing US Battery Manufacturing Model 2224 in the T@B400 line which is a BCI Group GC-2.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    edited November 2018
    Thank you both for the input, I actually e-mailed NuCamp this question and got back a part number that I was unable to trace to a battery at the NuCamp supplier which is apparently Harris Battery Company in Ohio. I have asked for further clarification, the Tuesday morning e-mail may hold the answer! Anyway, the GC-2 group would have a drop in replacement battery from Battle Born. https://battlebornbatteries.com/shop/100ah-12v-gc2-lifepo4-deep-cycle-battery/ That would give approximately 180 AH of USABLE power vs the stock AGM 115AH or so and reduce weight behind the axle by 70 pounds. Just looking into upgrade path at this point, it won't come without a considerable hit to the bank account though (about $1500 worth of ouch)!
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    edited November 2018
    That link in my earlier post was a reply from nuCamp.  As I said, vague and incomplete! When I ask for info on the equipment they supply I often get the nuCamp part number and not any specifics about what exactly is supplied.  I guess the only solution is to dissect a TAB and track it that way.  I sent my last request directly to Tech Support instead of one of the customer service reps.  Those guys are polite, friendly, and eager to help but they don't seem to know anything and don't seem to know how to find out.