Any Sisters on the Fly?

marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
I'm Sister #8162.  Any other Sisters on this forum?  :s
And ladies, if you are not a Sister yet check out https://www.sistersonthefly.com/

There are some T@B owners, but let's get some more to join in on the fun!  =)

M@rilyn
Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
But still passionate about the brand!

Comments

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Curious: Are the Sisters the ones that have a lot of hand painted, customized campers?
  • marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    @PXLatedYes, they have a lot of vintage trailers they glamp up, but there are many T@B owners too.  You don't need any type of camper to join, some even come to events in tents or vans.  Just thought it would be fun to see how many Sisters are out there on this forum.  And maybe get some more to join... it is a lot of fun to travel and camp with the Sisters!
    M@rilyn

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I know there are some here - Have run into them.
  • geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    Way cool, thanks for posting this. I'll probably wait until my kids (boys) are grown (just a few more years) then I'll join.

Sounds great!
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    I thought about it, but they're not too keen on dogs. So that was a deal breaker.

Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
    edited March 2017
    They changed their policy and it now depends on the event. I'm going to several this summer where dogs are welcome   =)
    M@rilyn

• Margo10Margo10 Member Posts: 1
    Yes I am a Sister on the Fly in Oklahoma and love to go camping a lot. 
  • TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    I joined this month and I live in MN

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Ditto what Me and My Dog said.  I always travel with at least one of my dogs, so...
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• TabbyCatTabbyCat Member Posts: 8
    Hi M@rilyn-how does the SOTF work?  You join and do they charge for each event?  Also how do you like your Escape? I am hoping to be able to get a T@b this fall or winter and have to trade in my Prius :-( Looking for an affordable TV.  Thanks, and happy trails!
    edited April 2017
    Hi @TabbyCat. I love my Escape  because I get really great mileage when I'm not pulling my T@B. I get about 13 to 15 mpg when I do. You can get a more expensive tow vehicle to get better gas mileage but I don't know if it's worth it.

As for the SOTF... big lesson learned about bringing dogs. It's up to the hostess of the event if dogs are allowed or not, so it kind of depends where you live. Some hostesses in some regions don't like dogs at all because of abuses by owners.  Some events cost some don't. 
    M@rilyn

• alchemistalchemist Member Posts: 39
    I'm a Sister. I just joined and haven't attended any events yet. Hopefully this summer as I'll pickup my T@B Monday and will be traveling solo for a few months. 
  • JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    I have been snooping around Sisters, but haven't yet taken the plunge. Have to have my dog also. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • NE_ALNE_AL Member Posts: 8
    I joined Sisters last week the day after I picked up my T@B Sofitel. (#8547)  I'm a little disappointed to learn there is a small number of Sisters in the southeast. Not sure I'm a Big Event girl - trying to connect with a Sister to do a weekend outing at a nearby RV campsite just to test everything out.

Any Southern T@B owning Sisters here?
  • LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    I considered joining, but will typically always have my daughter with me and I read something about "no kids". 

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
    edited April 2017

NE_AL said:

I joined Sisters last week the day after I picked up my T@B Sofitel. (#8547)  I'm a little disappointed to learn there is a small number of Sisters in the southeast. Not sure I'm a Big Event girl - trying to connect with a Sister to do a weekend outing at a nearby RV campsite just to test everything out.

Any Southern T@B owning Sisters here?

Hi, NE_AL... I'm a T@B owner and sister, but I have found I am not a Big Event girl myself with the petticoats and other stuff.  It seems great for some peeps, but I hesitate.  I am going to the Apple Hill Event in the Western Region if you are thinking about taking a trip in September.  Check that one out on the SOTF Event page under the Western Region. Whitewater rafting and wine tasting... which sounds great to me.

I do like to camp and love to take my dog but most events locally say No Dogs.  Therefore I have not camped yet here with them.  Also, there are about 181 sisters in AZ alone.

Now I did create an FB page for AZ T@Bers just because there are a lot of us around.... please join us and feel free to post where you are going to be or join one of our loosely organized camping trips. 
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1345203368903366/

Also, let me know if you would like to camp someplace too with your T@B.  I'm up for most weekends but up north this time of the year... We camped last weekend at Cave Creek Regional Park.  Great site but way too hot to do anything during the day.  PM me anytime.
    Marilyn
    M@rilyn

• rtolanrtolan Member Posts: 23
    I'm a new Sister with a t@b. Haven't signed up for anything yet but looking. Live in Pagosa springs co.
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    edited July 2017
    Have thought about it, but am not likely to venture far from NY/PA/VT/ON without the hubs - are there events up here? Seems like more of a Texas thing.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • wanderingchickof66wanderingchickof66 Member Posts: 18
    I'm Sister #5672. Love the sisters!!!!  I'm in the Mid Atlantic Region. PA is my home state. 
    Pam - Blandon, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S (Miss Daisy) towed by a 2014 GMC Acadia
  • diverdorkdiverdork Member Posts: 6
    I'm Sister #7575 and am in Oregon after joining a large group of Sisters in St Louis for a trip along the Lewis and Clark trail. I brought my dog as did a few others. The rules were that the dogs couldn't join in group activities, they needed to be leashed and their poop picked up.  There were two other T@Bs on the trip.

It's a great group and a really fun way to travel.
  • NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    @marilyncp How did how did the summer go with SOTF and dogs? I always have my two.  
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
    @marilyncp How did how did the summer go with SOTF and dogs? I always have my two.  

Not well... Never went out on a camping trip with any Sisters unfortunately. I think it is a very regional issue.  There were many trips available but none in the Southwest where dogs were allowed, it's the hostess choice.  Most of the Sisters in the SW are long timers and they like it the way it was, so no dogs (pets). 

The policy has now changed this summer since something happened for someone to be unwelcomed and uninvited to an event.  A big discussion happened (you can well imagine) so now you can now bring your dog IF you camp away from the group so not to 'disturb' other Sisters, which makes sense if they don't want the fur friends around. 

I go camping with a bunch of T@Bers and it's never an issue but I don't like pets around when food is served or even campfires. I also don't like misbehaving animals (or their owners) so I can understand when the SOTF have had issues before and are hesitant to allow them.  
    M@rilyn

• CybrarianCybrarian Member Posts: 4
    I wanna be.  Not there yet.  
    Cy | No T@b yet | No TV yet | Dreaming of a T@B | Danville, VA   B) 
  • kandreasenkandreasen Member Posts: 1
    I'm Sister 8505 from Portland, Oregon. I'll be getting my Sofitel in the spring. I'd really like to go out with some experienced T@b sisters next year. I've never pulled a trailer. 
  • StevieStevie Member Posts: 36
    I joined recently (#8973) but haven't attended yet. I may get my chance next weekend. There is an event in Richmond, VA. Getting a T@B repair and kitchen pass lined up but am trying to squeeze it in.
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    @kandreasen, I'm in Bend and just got my new 320 S a few weeks ago. I won't head out until spring either and have never towed (well, except for bringing it home and then a trip back to the dealer last week). I really like the idea of joining the group. Tonight I wrote a third email to them in hopes of a reply. Do you know if the Oregon wrangler allows dogs? Are there many events? Thanks! Debbie
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• nolagringanolagringa Member Posts: 25
    @NE_AL- still looking to meet up with Southeast T@bers?  I'm in New Orleans and just got a T@b, hoping to start using it soon.
  • OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    I'm interested in joining, but would first like to find out if there are any SOTF in Ontario, Canada. Does anyone know?
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo
  • Glider11Glider11 Member Posts: 73
    I followed the link to the sisters site. Tried to "join", but error message came up. Is there a problem with the site? 
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Olena said:
    I'm interested in joining, but would first like to find out if there are any SOTF in Ontario, Canada. Does anyone know?
    There are a few Canadian sisters but no events in Canada. My understanding is the organization’s insurance doesn’t cover Canada events.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York