Options

1st trip and refridge has an odor

LyneLyne Member Posts: 27
Can anyone tell me if it might be just the first time turned on smell I am getting from underneather the fridge? I have a 2015 t@b s tt wetbath. Bad network connection at campsite so may not answer right away. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    Mine had a bit of a smell when we first turned it on. It was set to shore power. Quite a bit of heat coming off the counter top too. Until frig cooled off inside. Smell went away too. What power are you using?
    Maybe give it a day or too.
  • Options
    Thanks. The smell is coming from underneath the entire unit where the little storage space is
  • Options
    Thanks sabel. Shore power, electric. It has only been a couple hours that it has been on. I think you are right and I did notice heat coming off it too.
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    Lyne, First of all, welcome to the land of T@B!  We don't have a fridge in ours,(we use a portable) but my guess would be that the" first time" smells are probably from paint or oil from manufacturing that is burning off the heating unit/burner. It MAY happen again the first time that you turn the gas burner on, also. Happy Camping!
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    Love t@b campers! Best support ever!
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    I was shocked at how warm the stovetop trim became when frig was on.  It will certainly melt a plastic bag so be careful what you place there.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Boy, mine gets warm/hot but not hot enough to melt plastic I don't think. If it was hot enough to melt plastic wouldn't it burn ya?
  • Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    Lyne, what does it smell like? Have you checked in the lower compartment for...IDK something that may have gotten in there? I think if that were the case you would have smelled it long before use.
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    It is gone! Took about 6 hrs and dealership this am said coating that factory puts on unit to keep corrosion down. They should put that in the manual!! Keep a girl from having to ask. Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2015
    The trailers all have a certain amount of smell or varying odors when they come off the assembly line and this is from adhesives, curing/drying that takes place, the smell of cut wood/drilling into the wood, etc.   This is a completely normal phenomenon and akin to that "new car" smell you have with a new vehicle.  I know this has been discussed here on both forums before and within a few weeks, a month, etc. the smells within a trailer will dissipate with venting the units and airing them out.   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    Don't think it is hot enough for danger but a bread bag would stick to it and require clean up.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    On our first trip and first use of the fridge on propane and the Alde, there were a few smells of coatings etc. "burning off". I also noticed the rubber coverings on the lines to the radiators also give off a smell when hot. They are dissipating with use and I expect they will not be noticeable after a few uses. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk