TV 🔊 Sound

CalldonCalldon Member Posts: 15
On the 320s, does the TV sound play through the TV set or through these stereo system speakers?

Comments

  • RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Either one depending on the way you want 
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • targtarg Member Posts: 75
    edited February 2019
    IF you have the HDMI cable plugged into the tv
    AND you have the head unit set to HDMI ARC
    THEN you should get tv sound out of the speaker.
    If you are set this way and still don't get sound out of the [email protected] speakers, you might need to pull the head unit out of its cabinet and check the connections.  The factory forgot to plug the HDMI cable into ours.  DOH!
    The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice. | -REBEC OF GINAZ
    2019 [email protected] 320S BD Lite, Jeep TJU, Jeep JT

  • CalldonCalldon Member Posts: 15
    It would be great to hear the TV to those speakers. Those little TV speakers aren't worth a flip on a TV that size
  • RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    For watching tv and using the external speakers the radio is set to aux and check the rca jacks on the back of the tv for color match.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • klengerklenger Member Posts: 287
    Calldon said:
    It would be great to hear the TV to those speakers. Those little TV speakers aren't worth a flip on a TV that size
    Neither are the radio speakers.  I'm still setting things up on mine, but plan to use a Bose soundtouch mini speaker system for everything.  Bose discontinued the soundtouch mini, but they have newer (but not as nice) replacements for it.  Lot's of other bluetooth speakers on the market at lower prices too. 

    No longer a [email protected] owner but I have some manuals and electrical drawings at the link below that have been helpful to the members here.  Enjoy.

    [ Share Files ]
  • CalldonCalldon Member Posts: 15
    What size are the speakers? 

    Seems like you could simply buy some better quality speakers of the same size and swap out the standard speakers for the better ones. Crutchfield is a good resource even if you don't buy it from them.

    If not, I'll do the Bluetooth thing also. There are lots of nice, smaller get good sounding Bluetooth speakers now on the market. You don't have to have cheesy, cheap sounding crappy speakers anymore.

    I'm sure Crutchfield or Best Buy have speakers to replace the standard speakers that come with it.
  • ObiruObiru Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2019
    Calldon said:
    What size are the speakers? 

    Seems like you could simply buy some better quality speakers of the same size and swap out the standard speakers for the better ones. Crutchfield is a good resource even if you don't buy it from them.

    If not, I'll do the Bluetooth thing also. There are lots of nice, smaller get good sounding Bluetooth speakers now on the market. You don't have to have cheesy, cheap sounding crappy speakers anymore.

    I'm sure Crutchfield or Best Buy have speakers to replace the standard speakers that come with it.
    Bluetooth speakers seem nice but sometimes are a pain to get working usually everytime you want to watch TV.  I’d rather have hard wired setup so like your 1st suggestion or something similar.
  • klengerklenger Member Posts: 287
    I removed the original TV and stereo and installed a Best Buy Insignia 19" TV with 2 HDMI ports, a Sony Blu-Ray player, an Apple TV, and connected the TV audio to a Bose Solo 5 sound bar via the digital coax path.  The sound bar also supports bluetooth for listening to my iPhone / iPad.  I am super impressed with the whole setup.  The TV and Bose run on 120 VAC which is powered from a 150 watt sine wave inverter when dry camping.  Here's a link to the Bose Solo 5.

    https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/bose-solo-5-tv-sound-system.html
    No longer a [email protected] owner but I have some manuals and electrical drawings at the link below that have been helpful to the members here.  Enjoy.

    [ Share Files ]
  • RCBRCB Member Posts: 111
    These threads always seem to migrate. Hopefully this is related. The Jensen unit will only receive Bluetooth signals to play through the system. I want to have music outside. There is a device - Bluetooth broadcaster for lack of a more technical description.; that plugs into the headphone jack and will broadcast via Bluetooth to a remote Bluetooth speaker. Has anyone experience with this ?
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 144
    RCB said:
    These threads always seem to migrate. Hopefully this is related. The Jensen unit will only receive Bluetooth signals to play through the system. I want to have music outside. There is a device - Bluetooth broadcaster for lack of a more technical description.; that plugs into the headphone jack and will broadcast via Bluetooth to a remote Bluetooth speaker. Has anyone experience with this ?
    I've used one of those for a car that didn't have bluetooth built in.  It worked- but they're a bit inconvenient.  As, they either need to be plugged into power, or have a battery in it that needs to be plugged into something like a USB port to recharge it.  I think the easier solution here is to buy a decent battery powered bluetooth speaker and just carry it with you outside.  The CS models have built in outdoor speakers.  It's kinda' a shame that the 320S models don't have speakers on the side.  Then again- I like my own music.  but hate hearing music from other people's campsites- so perhaps it's designed to be a friendly camper.
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,075
    RCB said:
    These threads always seem to migrate. Hopefully this is related. The Jensen unit will only receive Bluetooth signals to play through the system. I want to have music outside. There is a device - Bluetooth broadcaster for lack of a more technical description.; that plugs into the headphone jack and will broadcast via Bluetooth to a remote Bluetooth speaker. Has anyone experience with this ?
    I used to use a Bluetooth transmitter with a TV at home to send audio to a Bluetooth headset. There was some latency but it worked ok. The model I used doesn't seem to be available anymore, but it was something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously/dp/B01EHSX28M/ 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S [email protected]
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,073
    Granted, the speakers in my 320 are not the best in quality, do I really need to broadcast my sound to my neighbors? Have you ever been outside (behind or around) the tab with the volume up?😳 we have played movies and music where I was feeling guilty for my neighbors, the tab is just one big sound box! I find no need to upgrade...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,075
    4ncar said:
    Granted, the speakers in my 320 are not the best in quality, do I really need to broadcast my sound to my neighbors? Have you ever been outside (behind or around) the tab with the volume up?😳 we have played movies and music where I was feeling guilty for my neighbors, the tab is just one big sound box! I find no need to upgrade...

    It seems to me that playing music at a low volume directly to a bluetooth speaker on the picnic table is  preferable to cranking up the volume on the interior speakers loud enough to hear them outside.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S [email protected]
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 534
    No HDMI connected to the tv, just a/v input.  Tried moving the audio on tv to audio out but still no sound out of speakers.  May need to pull the receiver out. Not sure why I would need audio to the tv from the receiver since the dvd audio goes to the rear speakers.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 [email protected] 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 534
    Got home from camping and pulled the receiver out and found audio in jacks.  Moved the red white cables from audio out to audio in.  Then moved the red white from audio in to audio out on the TV.  Set the receiver to AUX, and I now have TV audio coming out of the rear speakers!
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 [email protected] 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,015
    Excellent troubleshooting, @Tampakayaker!
    2019 [email protected] 320 S Boondock Lite; Alde Compact 3020 Boiler; Norcold N180.3x Refrigerator; 2007 Toyota Tundra TRD (5.7L V8)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)


Sign In or Register to comment.