Options

Vent Fan Replacement

There have been several discussions about vent fan covers and conversions.  Camping World recently had a very good sale of the MaxxFan 7500K, 10 speed, with automatic temperature control and wireless remote, so I ordered one and just completed the installation.  One of my objectives was to have a vent fan that I could leave open when in storage as the inside temperature here in southern AZ can get into the 120° range.  The MaxxFan 7500 allows this because of the downward facing vent opening, which prevents rain penetration.  See attached photos.  The installation was reasonably simple if you are comfortable with this type of modification.  The T@B roof thickness is only 1", but the fan and inside trim seemed to fit fine in the end.  Here's a link to the CW listing.  https://www.campingworld.com/maxxfan-deluxe-remote-control-rv-ventilator-system-smoke-lid-48934.html#q=maxxfan&lang=default&start=1

T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    The Maxxfan is great. We bought the 5100 model, which doesn't include a remote, nor a powered lid opener.

I think it's an excellent upgrade from the stock fan, but the one criticism I have is the button pad on the fan itself. The buttons are the flat membrane type, so that they require looking at the control pad in order to know what you're pressing. IOW, in the middle of the night, you'll need to turn on the lights to make any adjustments! If the buttons were more 'pronounced', you could distinguish the buttons by touch.

Is this the case with the remote control as well, @klenger, or are those buttons raised?

One other complaint I have is the electronic 'whine' at certain speed settings, but I'm known to be sensitive to noise, so I might be unique in this regard.

I agree that it's a fairly easy install - removing the old sealant caulk was the biggest pain. Overall, we're happy with ours too.

(Sorry @klenger! Hope I didn't hijack your thread!)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    Had one of these 7500's installed as part of the build of our 2020 320BDL. Very happy with it. The buttons on the remote are raised rubber, so adjustments by touch are doable in the dark!
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited June 2019
    Aha! Now I'll have to upgrade again?  :s;)

(I might just put a drop of silicone rubber on the important buttons.)

Had one of these 7500's installed as part of the build of our 2020 320BDL. Very happy with it. The buttons on the remote are raised rubber, so adjustments by touch are doable in the dark!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya