Options

What I Did To My T@B Today

2»

Comments

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited July 2019
    We installed bins in the back and it can get pretty dark back there.   So I put up a set of four battery powered lights that can be controlled either with a remote, or individually with a switch.  We won’t use these for long periods, just to find or adjust something, thus saving the battery life.  The lights can be set for different brightness and time on.

It is daytime of course, but here is with lights out...

Lights on..

I got them at Costco for a little over 20 bucks.  The only change I made was not to use their metal plate, which fastened to the wood, and the light has a magnet that catches the plate.  I didn’t trust the magnet strength. I used 2 small command strips for each light instead, that makes the light easy to remove for battery change.  I have a ton of those strips.
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    JamesCJamesC Member Posts: 62
    Very cool!
    2018 T@B 400, 2015 F150 tow vehicle. 
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    TerryV6 said:
    We installed bins in the back and it can get pretty dark back there.   So I put up a set of four battery powered lights that can be controlled either with a remote, or individually with a switch.  We won’t use these for long periods, just to find or adjust something, thus saving the battery life.  The lights can be set for different brightness and time on.

It is daytime of course, but here is with lights out...

Lights on..

I got them at Costco for a little over 20 bucks.  The only change I made was not to use their metal plate, which fastened to the wood, and the light has a magnet that catches the plate.  I didn’t trust the magnet strength. I used 2 small command strips for each light instead, that makes the light easy to remove for battery change.  I have a ton of those strips.
    I installed a similar light under the AC cabinet. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    webers3 said:
    @GatorEgg so what is the size of the box you got for q1000? Need one too
    Here you go:

2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    edited July 2019
    Today I fixed the 3 way fridge with a new quiet fan and thermostat, and added a small Valterra fan to the refrigerator compartment to move air around inside as well.  Should keep the fridge more evenly cooled, i.e. no more frozen things in the back corner.

I'm slowly becoming a better plumber, electrician, bearing and brake mechanic, window installer,  and HVAC technician than I am an accountant. 😁

2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra