Harris Battery Model Confusion, Specifications?

TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
Since the factory forgot to install my Victron battery monitor, I thought I would tackle it myself.  I’m confused by what others have posted about the Harris 6V batteries in this forum, and the alleged specification sheets.  While the model number of the batteries I have match what others have posted, the terminals on my batteries look nothing like those in the spec sheets others have posted.  Makes me think Harris has simply slapped the same label on someone else’s batteries.  Harris has nothing on their website about that model battery.  I suspect they may be Leoch LDC6-210=GC2 batteries, but I’m not sure.

Comments

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    AFAIK, there are two or three lead acid and/or agm battery manufacturers, everyone else is a reseller. It is possible Harris changed supplies with same electrical specs, this why it may look different?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 484
    b407driver posted this picture in conjunction with his overheating battery

He was able to reveal the model/manufacturer of the battery; "Bright Way Group EVGC6 - 6V 220AH Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery" (which was underneath the Harris batteries sticker).  Manufacturer is elusive on details.

Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    AFAIK, there are two or three lead acid and/or agm battery manufacturers, everyone else is a reseller. It is possible Harris changed supplies with same electrical specs, this why it may look different?
    That’s incorrect.  Exide, Johnson Controls and East Penn have most of the starting and marine battery market, but the deep cycle market is more fragmented.  Trojan is independent, Lifeline is made by a Concorde, US Battery is independent but makes batteries under several labels.
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
    rh5555 said:
    b407driver posted this picture in conjunction with his overheating battery

He was able to reveal the model/manufacturer of the battery; "Bright Way Group EVGC6 - 6V 220AH Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery" (which was underneath the Harris batteries sticker).  Manufacturer is elusive on details.

Here is the spec sheet on the Harris Battery.
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    JEB said:

@jeb that’s my confusion: that battery doesn’t look like mine; same model number, but the terminals are different.  I’m not convinced they are the same battery. 
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    JEB said:
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    That’s incorrect.  Exide, Johnson Controls and East Penn have most of the starting and marine battery market, but the deep cycle market is more fragmented.  Trojan is independent, Lifeline is made by a Concorde, US Battery is independent but makes batteries under several labels.
    Good to know
    TNOutback said:
    JEB said:

@jeb that’s my confusion: that battery doesn’t look like mine; same model number, but the terminals are different.  I’m not convinced they are the same battery. 
    Understandable.  Ordinarily, the same battery can be ordered with different terminals depending on the end user’s needs. So, they still could be the same battery, even though the terminals are different. But the picture above does raise considerable uncertainty.  Harris Battery may have changed suppliers and didn’t advise nuCamp, which continued to order what it thought was the same battery under the same model number. A call to Harris is likely to be unhelpful.  Last time I called they were pretty clueless. 
    Looking through the Brightway Group website, I couldn’t find a battery exactly like the 220ah batteries pictured above, but I did find another 6v battery in the same “EVGC” family.  Because the 220ah battery pictured above is from the same family, it likely has the same battery chemistry so the charging specifications are also likely the same.  Here they are:  https://bwgllc.com/products/evgc-200a-am/.  The float and absorption parameters provided by Brightway appear to be the same as listed on the Harris Battery spec sheet and it adds temperature compensation data.
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Update:  I heard back from Harris Battery this morning and they say the specs are same though the terminals are different than those pictured on the spec sheet.  They said NuCamp prefers the dual terminal design, but otherwise the batteries are identical.  @JEB the spec sheet you posted matches the one that Harris sent to me, and also the one that Creed sent me, responding to the same question.