2019 Jensen JWM70A DVD/CD/radio (LOADING LOADING LOADING)

I've done troubleshooting but no fix yet. We have about 12 hours playing new DVD movies in this machine and it's been perfect. Last week when loading the same DVDs previously viewed the Jensen menu screen says LOADING, and that's as far as it'll go. Music CDs, radio, tv, all work fine. Movies suddenly stopped playing. I've cleaned the machine with canned air spray, disconnected power over night, hit the reset button a dozen times. 

I contacted Creed at NuCamp and got a timely response but he referred me to ASA Electronics (JENSEN). I contacted them already, I'm waiting for another reply back from them on warranty timeline.

Has anyone had this issue and did it get resolved, other than by a warranty claim?

Thank you,

TOULA
2019 T@B 400 -- 2017 Toyota Tundra
South Louisiana

Comments

• JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    Toula said:
    I've done troubleshooting but no fix yet. We have about 12 hours playing new DVD movies in this machine and it's been perfect. Last week when loading the same DVDs previously viewed the Jensen menu screen says LOADING, and that's as far as it'll go. Music CDs, radio, tv, all work fine. Movies suddenly stopped playing. I've cleaned the machine with canned air spray, disconnected power over night, hit the reset button a dozen times. 

I contacted Creed at NuCamp and got a timely response but he referred me to ASA Electronics (JENSEN). I contacted them already, I'm waiting for another reply back from them on warranty timeline.

Has anyone had this issue and did it get resolved, other than by a warranty claim?

Thank you,

TOULA
    Since it is playing CDs fine, it is unlikely that the optical pick up in the player is dirty.  I suspect that you might have a problem with the discs themselves, even though they used to play fine.  Have you cleaned them thoroughly?  As additional troubleshooting, I recommend you buy a brand new, unplayed DVD and see if that plays. If it does, you can pretty much rule out a problem with the Jensen. 
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    Ours also quick playing cd's and DVD's. In fact the DVD button would no longer work. We have since contacted ASA Electronics and pulled the unit out and sent it back to them. We are awaiting to see if they are going to send a new unit. We should know by the end of the week.

https://www.asaelectronics.com//customer-service
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • ToulaToula Member Posts: 26
    @Jackie_Dave I'm also in contact with ASA Electronics. So far they've been super and willing to work with me. We are just beyond the 1 year warranty but they advise they have a 90 day grace period and it seems that they will be replacing the unit. Good luck with yours too! I'll post a follow-up once we've completed the process.

TOULA
    South Louisiana
  • Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    @Toula Yesterday we received a new unit. It was less than 2 weeks from start to finish. Just be sure you remove the screw that holds on the red "warning" label on the back. Plugged everything back in and we are good to go. 

ASA Electric was great to work with.
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    @Jackie_Dave Awesome news... thank you for the update!

Toula
    South Louisiana
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Mine would not play DVDs when I purchased the camper. Will be dealing with it later this fall. 
  • ginsbujginsbuj Member Posts: 44
    Had the same issue recently but when I tried a music CD and it played and then inserted a DVD and it worked again. I wonder if it just gets stupid and something to reboot it makes it work again. I really hate the menu and the way the whole thing works. Somehow Jensen has some lame engineers who don't have a clue on how to simplify settings. :anguished:  
  • CarlimmenCarlimmen Member Posts: 10
    Confusing...at least for me. To play dvd, the tv needs to be in hdmi. Putting the dvd player into hdmi mode and load dvd it just shows loading. I put player into FM mode, loaded dvd and it played.
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Toula said:
    . . .  Jensen menu screen says LOADING, and that's as far as it'll go. Music CDs, radio, tv, all work fine.
    While most likely not your issue, I have solved my Loading - - Loading - - Loading issues.

It is a DVD Player . . . . . . does not like Blu-Ray :blush:

And of course after a long day I discovered the one disc picked up off the house table when rushing out was the wrong darn format.  Oh well, did have some OTA MeTV . . . . '70's here I come.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
    My unit is in the hands of ASA now, awaiting their determination....more to follow !
    South Louisiana
  • newteardropownersnewteardropowners Member Posts: 15
    We had the same problem with CDs/DVDs loading, called ASA tech support and had the problem fixed in 10 minutes. Simple fix, ParrisRV's solution was to just replace the unit, which they did and still had the same problem, but called tech support again and fixed it in 10 minutes. ASA tech support was terrific and I recommend giving them a call first before pulling the unit and sending it back.
  • ecstaticecstatic Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2019
    We had the same problem with CDs/DVDs loading, called ASA tech support and had the problem fixed in 10 minutes. Simple fix, ParrisRV's solution was to just replace the unit, which they did and still had the same problem, but called tech support again and fixed it in 10 minutes. ASA tech support was terrific and I recommend giving them a call first before pulling the unit and sending it back.
    Can you post what they had you do to fix it?  Are they just doing a factory reset?
    2020 T@B 400 BDL    2019 Silverado 5.3L V8
    Chili, NY
    I believe it was to push in the reset button, then hit the eject button 4 times, holding it down for approx. 5 seconds each time. Repeated that 3 or 4 times (hitting reset button before each time), CDs/DVDs loaded no problem.
    I'm glad to report that ASA Electronics stood behind their product and sent a new replacement. I just installed it and all's working fine, including the same DVDs that the original unit failed to play. Thanks to all that commented, and to Creed at NuCamp that pointed me in the right direction.

Toula
    South Louisiana
  • JujuandBayBayJujuandBayBay Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone had trouble with the player not taking a DVD?  Ours wont let it insert? We picked up our Tab400 Sat. 
    Call ASA Electronics, talk to tech support, they had that problem fixed in 10 minutes over the phone. See my post in Oct 2019
  • qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    I wanted to add to the prior posts with our issues with the JWM70A Unit in our 2019 T@B 400. Like others it was working fine, had only been used about 6-8 times, and then stopped playing either audio CDs or DVDs. I called and they provided two reset procedures so I thought I would record them here:

Basic reset is to:

1. Power on and place on AM setting
    2. Press and hold SETTINGS button 2 -3 sec until a system menu appears, then tap the SETTINGS button to scroll thru the system menu until you see RESET on the display and stop.
    3. Press the VOL wheel to enter the reset command. Radio will then default to FM mode if you did it right.

This works for some issues described above.

Second reset is the ASA Electronics "in house" reset.

1. Turn radio on and tune to an FM station so you can hear audio output
    2. Take a paper clip and press and release the reset in the small hole below the VOL wheel. Unit will power off and then return to FM when you release
    3. Press and hold the small EJECT button for a count of 7 seconds and release.

This procedure helps to reset the head position on the CD/DVD reader, and can be repeated as the unit "learns" with each iteration. He had me do it 5 times, in sequence, and then try an audio CD again. The unit sounded as though it was going to read the CD, but still failed. This does however work for many loading/reading issues.

For my problem ASA electronics tech support said that I could contact my NuCamp dealer (mine is 4 hours away) for a replacement, or send my  information via email directly to them and they would send a return authorization#, evaluate the unit and ship a replacement. He was very understanding and not picky about the unit being a little over a year old.

In short, ASA electronics was VERY helpful and easy to reach and talk with. Quite a relief and a pleasant surprise so if your unit is giving problems they may be able to help even if you are a bit out of warranty.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab