Options

Ceiling headliner drop/separate near fan and ceiling light, brand new T@b400

jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 275
I the headliner near the fan and ceiling light separated at the seam with the adjacent panel and is drooping. Fasteners are still in the ceiling, looks like they pulled through the trim strip. I will re-attach but want to know what the ceiling/roof structure is so I know what I am nailing into. Foam, aluminum sheet over foam, wood? Anybody know? BTW, I think the ceiling light is mounted to the liner, not the roof structure, and is pulling the liner down. When I push the liner back up the light moves with it. See Photo.
2019 T@B400
TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
Southern California
Full-timer since 2019

Comments

• Options
    DeanPDeanP Member Posts: 14
    @jimcenname Ours did the same thing.  I used some white Gorilla glue construction adhesive to reattach.  To hold the headliner and trim strip in place while the adhesive dried, I used three strips of wood just slightly longer than the distance between the floor and ceiling.  These were wedged between the floor and headliner to clamp or brace the headliner up for 24 hours.  It seems to have worked great so far.
    2020 T@B 400 BDL
    TV 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 3.5L 4WD with Firestone air bags.
    MODS: BMV-712 battery Monitor, MPPT 75/15 Charge Controller, Fantasic Fan PWM control
    Central Ohio
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    The fasteners are a nailer brad shot in with an air gun, very little surface area on the head. They easily pull through if they install with too much force.

I believe they shoot them into a support aluminum beam, it is definitely into aluminum on mine as it came loose over the door, and I have to assume a beam rather than the outer roof skin.

I tried double sided Gorilla tape, no go and glue no go. So far dealing with it. I think a VHB tape will be next.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 275
    @DeanP, thanks for the suggestion on how to clamp while the glue dries. Jim
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019