Options

xdrxdr Member Posts: 266
New to this forum and do not own a TAB yet. My wife and I are looking at a 2020 TAB 400 BD. We have had 3 tent trailers over the years and now ready for something for hard core travel when I retire. Joined the forum to learn about TAB's and what to expect as an owner. First impression from all the reading we have done so far is the TAB lineup is much higher quality as well (+our walk through of one confirmed that - beautifully made!). 
Thanks!
xdr
2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome to the forum @xdr! You’ll have fun looking for your trailer, then learning how to use everything and meeting all of the wonderful people who camp! Probably a lot like the tent campers/trailers folks you’ve met! 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @xdr, also sending a warm welcome. If you are considering a 400, now you'll have to decide what kind of camping you will do, if the smaller fridge works for you, or the larger 3-way, which some use to extend boondocking time is more suited, and many other options to consider. It's all a part of the adventure. Enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 266
    Thank you both for the welcome, much appreciated. 
    The fridge comment is one of our prime considerations. My wife really likes the wardrobe, but we both recognize the limitations of the smaller fridge. We havent seen the 400 with the large fridge, only the smaller one so hard to evaluate the storage. Also trying to find a suitable oven option. 
    thanks!
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    Welcome to the forum!  We picked up a new 2019 400 back in September.  Looked long and hard for it because we needed a trailer that had an air conditioner that would keep it cool in Texas.  We had to drive 250 miles to buy it but couldn’t be happier.  I don’t know if NuCamp has made the necessary changes to fix this problem in the 2020s, but if not and you live in an area where temps are above 85 degrees in the summer, you may want to consider picking up a 2019 or earlier model year.  They made an error by replacing the CoolCat Heat Pump with the Air8 Air Conditioner.  The Air8 only has about 60% of the cooling capacity the CoolCat has (6 to 8K BTUs compared to 12K BTUs).  We visited a dealer here in Texas back in September and one of their customers brought their 2020 in for corrections to the air conditioner situation.  While the trailer was there and after the “corrections” were made, they set it in the sun on a hot Texas day and the Air8 could not get the interior temperature below 90 degrees.  Be sure to look at the Air8 concerns here on the forum before buying.