Options

What do you think and How?

T_BDancingT_BDancing Member Posts: 85
Still confused even though I have read a lot regarding this topic about battery, converter, inverter, solar, gauge, etc, etc.

Anyway, this seems like a good deal. But do I just disconnect the existing battery and drop this Renogy in the tub(320S Boondock) and connect the + and -? So far I haven't been able to find a cover or box for it, or do they make one? Anyone out there has this battery in their 320? Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Lithium-Iron-Phosphate-Battery/dp/B07FDHRP45/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=renogy+170+lithium+battery&qid

Tent to trailer w/TV: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 3.6L
2019 Tab 320 S Boondock Edge and get me out of NYC!!!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    If you perform a search of lithium (upper right corner of this page), there are a few write-ups by owners as to what else needs to be done for this newer type of battery. As I recall, the outside temperature needs to be taken into consideration, as well as the compatibility of the converter, and what specific charger you will need to keep the lithium battery charged.  It’s a new science and you are wise to be researching before buying. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Gee thanks Verna, that's what I worry about! I will not do a thing if I had to change anything electrically otherwise I know I will keep it inside the house in room temperature after winterize then reconnect it after dewinterized. But of course I will read some more to either understand or get confused one step further...
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Thanks again Verna for pointing out the necessary change of the existing converter for a lithium battery. Just read a post by Klenger in simple English. 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/124059/#Comment_124059

So most likely I will just go the route of using a lithium generator just to get by a may be 4-5 day camp. Since I have always found myself camping in the shade so have not considered the solar method, plus I will swap the 3 way fridge(which has never worked) to a 2 way. Thanks.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You’re welcome, @T_BDancing

Be sure to keep your battery warm enough in your lithium generator. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    If it's comfy enough for me, it's gotta be comfy enough for it. Wherever I am...
  • Options
    RyanAndLuluRyanAndLulu Member Posts: 20
    I just ordered two of those batteries for my T@B 400. Probably won't get them installed until the spring... but will keep you posted if no one else posts before then!
    Girl Glamper | Austin, TX | 2018 Land Rover Discovery | 2018 T@B 400 |
    Partner in Crime: Black pug (Lulu)