2021 Tab 400 Boondock Lite on order

awahlawahl Member Posts: 25
Hi All- 

Thought it was about time we introduced ourselves... 

We ordered our soon to be new to us 2021 Tab 400 BDL in early January. Key ingredients in our decision were the efficient design and use of space, the higher end components, solid feel, and last but not least- what looks to be a very customer service focused company. Also key were the many positive shared experiences (thank you Mandy Lea and the Delaney's), and of course the very supportive and helpful community here.

We are so excited and can't wait for delivery sometime later this spring. C'mon spring....!

Looking forward to sharing and learning from y'all. 

Peace. 

Andy & Cathy 
West Michigan
2021 T@B 400 Boondock  |  2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome @awahl-can’t wait to see the pics!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @awahl, welcome to the forum and t@b family. You sound like expectant parents. It's all a wonderful part of the adventure. Remember, pics or it didn't happen. After that, happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • davegctdavegct Member Posts: 18
    congrats!  please do tell what we should expect to see in your photos?  Colors, options etc.
  • awahlawahl Member Posts: 25
    Hey thanks for the warm wishes all- 

We have not heard much yet about major changes. I think everyone has seen the new/solid color options for the cushions. We chose the Graphite color. The exterior will be Silver with the Grey trim- the Tempest decal, with a blue stripe. Our TV is a "kinetic blue" 2018 Chevy Colorado so we're hoping this little accent ties it all together....

We've been anxiously awaiting news on any changes- i.e. are they going to bring over the new isotherm fridge (we opted to keep the closet on ours), the new stove with igniter, or the new trim...which we kind of think just from a production efficiency standpoint would make sense to use on all the units rather than just the refreshed 320. We also are of course wondering what's going to happen with the AC. We're in a northern climate- but do intend to head south and west and expect we'll be wanting plenty of BTU to keep us cool. Counting on NuCamp and Elwell to get it right... 

BTW there is a new Princess Craft 2021 320 walkthrough just posted yesterday...(thanks PJ). Some slight differences from the original prototype videos- I think they did a nice job. Interesting elements are the addition of a rear aluminium "bushwhacker" for lack of a better word.... Wondering if they are trying to reduce tongue weight by adding weight to the back? Just a thought.... 

Anyways - 

Cheers. 
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock  |  2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 
  • davegctdavegct Member Posts: 18
    @awahl I had in mind the exact same configuration you ordered so I definitely want to see pics! My TV will be a grey Honda Ridgeline.  

I watched the 2021 320S video also and had the same thought on the fridge, stove and entertainment - whether any/all of those will make it into the 2021 400?
  • jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    awahl said:
    Hi All- 

Thought it was about time we introduced ourselves... 

We ordered our soon to be new to us 2021 Tab 400 BDL in early January. Key ingredients in our decision were the efficient design and use of space, the higher end components, solid feel, and last but not least- what looks to be a very customer service focused company. Also key were the many positive shared experiences (thank you Mandy Lea and the Delaney's), and of course the very supportive and helpful community here.

We are so excited and can't wait for delivery sometime later this spring. C'mon spring....!

Looking forward to sharing and learning from y'all. 

Peace. 

Andy & Cathy 
    West Michigan
    Congratulations and welcome! 

The things that influenced your decision are I suspect very similar to how most of us ended up here. We purchased @stro (our 2019 400 (standard model) this past August for the same reasons, have not been disappointed, and have no regrets. 

We camp with friends who have everything from small ultra-lite trailers to fifth wheels to high-end Class A motorhomes and everything in-between, and I can tell you when we walk back into our 400, we are blown away every time at the quality and design. The same thing happened when we went to an RV show in January. Other than an AVIA or maybe an Airstream - all of which are way too much trailer for us right now in terms size, weight, money - there's nothing else out there that better suits us or that would make us any happier. 

awahl said:

We've been anxiously awaiting news on any changes- i.e. are they going to bring over the new isotherm fridge (we opted to keep the closet on ours), the new stove with igniter, or the new trim...which we kind of think just from a production efficiency standpoint would make sense to use on all the units rather than just the refreshed 320. We also are of course wondering what's going to happen with the AC. We're in a northern climate- but do intend to head south and west and expect we'll be wanting plenty of BTU to keep us cool. Counting on NuCamp and Elwell to get it right...  
    Good call in our opinion on keeping the wardrobe. Others may (and do) prefer the larger fridge, but for us, the 2.7 cubic foot was plenty since we typically only camp for a few days at a time and bring coolers anyway. Plus I like that it's a 12V compressor-style, and quite efficient. I can't imagine it without the closet. 

I haven't seen the new stove yet. I was surprised at first that the 400 didn't have an ignitor; that seemed a little "low rent", but the more I thought about it the more I realized those push-button ignitors have been the first thing to go on every gas grill I've owned, and that changed my mind in a hurry. 

Speaking frankly, I think NuCamp fully understands the debacle that is the 400 with the Air8 unit. I suspect this is the underlying reason why the 2020 model year has been cut short and the 2021 year started so early. But if any company can be relied upon to do right by their customers, it's this one. 

Can't wait to see some pictures and posts once you take delivery and get out there! 

Jim
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package