Options

Question for Purple Line owners

1.  Has anyone installed the Purple line RV movers on a 400 Yet? 2.  Would someone with the Purple line system that has them please post pictures of how they are mounted to the T@B frame.  Any comments of something you would do different if you did them again.  Thanks for the info.  Looks like it might be getting time to quit pushing and pulling to get it where I want it to be. Getting more senior!
2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    They’ve been mounted to far larger trailers than the 400, shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t think I’ve seen a post from a 400 user who has actually done it, I know of at least one besides you who is seriously considering it. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    it would probably be the same installation as a a T@B 320 with the brackets bolted to the C-Channel frame, then the unit bolted to the brackets. Because of the step position, it probably would have to be put behind the tires.

I think I did one of the first installations, but I have an Al-Ko I-Beam frame, so mine was bolted directly to the frame with some spacers we fabricated from steel as we didn't want to wait on shipment from the factory for the spacers. We also had to purchase longer bolts.

The single axle unit is designed to handle up to 5,000 lbs, so no issues there. The biggest issue is it IS a battery hog, so you need to have a charge line from your vehicle to have a good battery when you arrive, and a way to replenish your battery after use.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    The single axle unit is designed to handle up to 5,000 lbs, so no issues there. The biggest issue is it IS a battery hog, so you need to have a charge line from your vehicle to have a good battery when you arrive, and a way to replenish your battery after use.
    I actually find mine uses less battery than I expected, in spite of the long, steep driveway it has to drag the trailer up. I did put in a group 27 AGM with around 110ah, and carry both a tiny propane genset and a 100 watt solar panel in case they’re needed. 
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Thanks for the info.  We have a 200 ahr AGM in our 400 and will be used primary to position in our shop when we leave for a trip and when returning.  Been using a Harbor freight dolly and it works,   just looking for an easier way in the future. 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Dual axle trailers can be fitted with the Purple Line, so I’d guess a 400 will be fine. I’ve got the same trailer dolly as you, and my back issues won the Purple Line race this fall. While not inexpensive it’s much cheaper than surgery and time off work. I’m looking forward to using it, as backing Bug in her shed after installation was a breeze! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 487
    I've just purchased the new Quattro trailer mover from Purple Line for our TAB400.  Will install it this week and plan to do a write up of it.  I think it will install with barely any loss of ground clearance.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    I had mine installed on my 2018 320 CS-S last month. It's awesome! It was installed behind the axle instead of in front of it and it's fine. You need 6.5" of clearance for it to fit according to purpleline. The CS-S has 7" so it was fine. Just check with NuCamp to see if your 400 has that 6.5" minimum.

As far as I'm concerned it's the best upgrade I've made. I plan to post some videos when I bring it to a campground instead of just in my driveway.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Options
    rh5555,  I PM'd you with a message about your install.  Thanks,  atlasb
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Are there any issues with the front jack wheel using the mover in dirt, gravel, other than paved surfaces ?
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Are there any issues with the front jack wheel using the mover in dirt, gravel, other than paved surfaces ?
    For Dutchman Tabs, not really, because they have a pneumatic tire up front. For Pleasant Valley/nuCamp Tabs, you may find you need to change to a double jack wheel. I have the double that Purpleline sells (probably overpriced) and that handles my slippery, steep aggregate driveway, and well packed gravel. I also constructed a double pneumatic based on one others on this forum made, and that handles deeper gravel fairly well. But another recommendation is to carry something thin and flat, such as 2 pieces of plywood or sheet metal that the jack can roll onto.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    VictoriaP said:
    For Dutchman Tabs, not really, because they have a pneumatic tire up front. For Pleasant Valley/nuCamp Tabs, you may find you need to change to a double jack wheel. I have the double that Purpleline sells (probably overpriced) and that handles my slippery, steep aggregate driveway, and well packed gravel. I also constructed a double pneumatic based on one others on this forum made, and that handles deeper gravel fairly well. But another recommendation is to carry something thin and flat, such as 2 pieces of plywood or sheet metal that the jack can roll onto.
    Thanks
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    VictoriaP said:
    Thanks I checked the purple line site and didn’t see any wheels.?
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    VictoriaP said:
    Thanks I checked the purple line site and didn’t see any wheels.?
    http://www.purplelineusa.com/products-dual-caster-wheel.php

This is my default wheel. Using the single wheel that came with my Tab doesn’t provide quite enough traction on the 12% grade of the worst section of my slick aggregate concrete driveway, though it does OK on the 6% grade of other sections. This double does slip a little, but not nearly as much.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    This is the Quattro trailer mover from Purple Line.  It fits nicely in front of the wheels on 2020 (and earlier) TAB400s.  Don't know about the 2021 model, as the axle got moved forwards.
    Barely any loss of ground clearance:
    Only issue is that you have to do a bit of surgery to get it to fit on the Boondock version which has a tire track of 76".  Don't know about the non-Boondock version, with its smaller tires.  Surgery involves cutting back some trim and moving the trim support block back a few inches.
       Support block:
    It runs really smoothly, and allows us to spin our trailer to catch the sun on our solar panels.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Congratulations! Have fun with it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Roger, question.  The drive drum/ cog wheel looks different from what Purple line has on their web page.  You are saying Quattro mover, and I noticed that on their page but can not get the Quattro to load. Is that different from the Enduro and e go model or have they changed the design of the drive wheel?  Thanks , Fred.

• Options
    It is a totally different line from the Enduro and looks way better to me.  The unit is out of England.  Google Quattro Caravan Mover and you'll find it.  Purple line has stock of them in the US.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Roger, Thanks again,  what is the price difference against the enduro.  I guess you ordered directly from Purpleline USA. I find the UK listing but the USA site does not as of yet offer any info. Also looks as yours is not the manaul version but automatic.Fred
  • Options
    Pupleline USA only stock the automatic version.  Their price is $1500.
  • Options
    Thanks Roger.  Hope they will carry the manual.  Don't want the auto version. I have an inquiry into them. Will see what they say.
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    rh5555 said:
    Pupleline USA only stock the automatic version.  Their price is $1500.
    That's not as expensive as I feared...at least in comparison to the more capable trailer dolly's out there, such as the Trax https://traxpowerdolly.com/products-mb/tx6000-mb or the Parkit 360 https://parkit360.ca/products/electric-trailer-dolly-base-version?variant=41398269840.

Convenience wins out for your Quattro from Purple Line in my mind. I have to garage whichever trailer I end up purchasing...so a system like the Quattro is very attractive to me as putting the trailer away is going to a little tricky and tight in my garage.

Please do let us know your experience using the Quattro and thanks for sharing this info.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller