Options

I need an INCH!

MikeDawn265MikeDawn265 Member Posts: 29
I just purchased a 2020 T@B 320 S. We are picking it up Wednesday. My garage is an old barn type with a 92" opening on the smallest measurement. The spec sheets say the exterior height will be 93".  Can I get enough clearance simply by deflating the tires and maybe filling the liquid storage tanks? Any other suggestions? I can store it outside if need be, but living in Wisconsin, my garage would be a better option.
Wisconsinites 2020 T@B 320 S - 2021 Dodge Durango GT Plus TV

Comments

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Don't assume 93" is correct. Measure when you get it home.

Farm equipment, monster trucks, etc. are frequently loaded for transport using smaller diameter wheels. You could match the bolt pattern with some smaller trailer wheels and install them to roll inside. Change back when ready to tow. Not an easy solution, but something.

Good luck... and congrats on the purchase!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited May 2020
    Agree about measuring to be be sure. If it is really just an inch, I might see how close you could get by deflating the tires. That is how they get the big trucks who don't heed the clearance warnings for Pittsburgh tunnels unstuck.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Searching for 12" wheels storage, I've found a pair for under $100 at northern tool. That should give me plenty of clearance. This is the way I will go. Thanks for the help! I can't wait for our first trip in our T@B.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    When a friend measured his 320S for me before I took delivery, it was 90” ground to the top of the black AC vent cap. My shed opening is 91.5” and I haven’t scraped it in three years. Fingers crossed you can save that $100!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    Keep in mind that with enough speed that inch won't matter--it will fit through the door!
  • Options
    Well, I got her home and measured my T@B and I think I will have JUST enough clearance. I measure  about 88.5 inches to the top of the decorative molding (the highest measurement on the body). The fan cover is about 3" high but is actually around .5" lower than the molding. So, I believe  I'm gonna have . My math (88.5 - .5=88 )+ 3"= 91.00" height. My 92.0" measurement was actually a conservative number. The actual measurements are 92.5" to 93.25. I really will not know for sure until I put it in the garage, but I think I'm going to be OK.  It's a relief that I probably will be able to just put it in the garage without the extra hassle. Thanks to everyone for the help! 
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    We have about an inch clearance between our 320 Boondock and garage header.  Very slowly, while wife watched from a ladder, the first time in.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    RedDoorGalsRedDoorGals Member Posts: 23
    You know what they say....an inch is as good as a mile...Good luck! let us know if you get it in!!
    2018 T@B CS-S; pulled by a 2010 Toyota Tacoma v6