Options

Dutchmen 2009 with Norcold 3 way fridge beeping

mergsmergs Member Posts: 17
I have a 09-10 era Dutchmen with a Nor cold fridge. I thought it was a way fridge but it draining the battery in a 24-36 hour period. There's only a simple on off knob with cold setting that goes.to 5. Last night it started peeping and I realized that the battery was low. Hooking up my 7 pin table to my running TV allowed the fridge to run without peeping. Is there something I need to do to get the fridge to switch to LP? My friend in thier ParkLand have an access panel that has on off switches for 12v, 110, and LP.

I'm starting to think I have a two way fridge. :(

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 922
    edited July 2020
    Yup!  It sounds like you have the 12v fridge.  24-36 hours running is about right on a "standard" battery.  
    I suspect the peeping is you LP detector because of low voltage.  I don't think the refrig has any alarms.

• Options
    mergsmergs Member Posts: 17
    @rfuss928 thanks for the feedback. Yep, the LP was also peeping but a different tone. The fridge would stop peeping when I turned the knob off, and immediately peep when I turned it back on.

A little bit of good news is that (after I made this post) I drove the battery down to O'Reilly's in Hood River, and they tested the battery and found the battery still good (no replacement needed) and they recharged it for free. I went for swim and came back 2 hours later and got the fridge up to temp and just left it off and went old school and just used a cooler + ice.