Options

Storage for T@B 320 cushions

Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
edited August 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades
I got tired of shuffling the triangular T@B 320 cushions each night so I took a leftover piece of stretch netting from a previous project and made a cushion sling. Goes up in 15 seconds and comes down the same way. I have one end hooked on the light and I may drill in a hook but the cushions or so light it wasn’t an issue for the last few nights I was camping. Now they are out of the way and the net stores so easily in the netted space right behind it. 
Kr@cken
2020 T@B 320 Boondock
Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
Clueless about everything electronic
2020 Subaru Ascent 
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Kr@cken you can always store them at home like many of us do.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    Yep, like @jgram2 mentions, mine are stored in a bin at home (along with the TV & mount, remotes, sink cutting board, and lagun table). A sling is a clever idea though!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    I agree with that cutting board and TV. I am still settling in so I take the table as an outside option. I find the bench seat to be too narrow so I tend to stretch out along the back. I could use our pillows as someone recommended. Ill try. It next go around. It looks like I am the lone duck who still takes the cushions.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    @Kr@cken Not a lone duck, I’m sure! The trips I’ve taken, I’ve left the back down and my bed across the back made up for the whole trip, which makes those curved side pillows useless. I have a lightweight ottoman between the benches, because I prefer to sit with my feet up, but about half the time I end up sitting on the bed to read anyway, with one or two of the sofa pillows stuffed behind me.

The cutting board is pretty, but no amount of oiling keeps mine from warping. I replaced it with a plastic one from Camco that I’m much happier with.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing options at Lake Easton. I have a lot to learn.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    Kr@cken said:
    Looking forward to seeing options at Lake Easton. I have a lot to learn.
    You’re doing fine! Everyone camps differently, and solutions like your slings are great, because they let new owners see there are options for how to make things work best for the way they want to camp. Options are always good in my book. 😁
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    We still use the cushions during the evening. But we've been putting them on the stovetop (non-ideal). Could you post a picture? Also there's a Lake Easton trip? We're in Snohomish but would like to meet other locals. Probably too late to reserve a spot though.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    We thought we'd try just opening the back cabinets, since it's more comfortable to sleep anyway opened then putting the cushions on top.. This maybe temporary as our fallback is to put white velcro to hold them to the ceiling. Note mine & wife's side. BTW, first cooler tri
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    One solution would be to replace the foam inserts with an inflatable bladder.  This way you could roll them up and tuck them away.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any shops that make custom vinyl bladders.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 120
    MarkAl said:
    We thought we'd try just opening the back cabinets, since it's more comfortable to sleep anyway opened then putting the cushions on top.. This maybe temporary as our fallback is to put white velcro to hold them to the ceiling. Note mine & wife's side. BTW, first cooler tri

We tried doing that two nights ago but the weight of the cushions pushed cabinet doors down, unfortunately. We also discussed a Velcro option as well. Like minds....Usually we throw in our towing vehicle or stack in a chair undercover our Pahaque awning.

2021 320 S Boondock
    Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    We've camped repeatedly with the cushions on the cabinets, I've been wondering if there is an adjustment to tighten the hinge as I think they will eventually loosen. It's real easy and solves the head bashing and cushion storage. Also I dislike adding velcro to the ceiling. My wife is all for leaving them on the stove top but I hate to give up that space for cushions.
  • Options
    LynnleeLynnlee Member Posts: 11
    We discovered that Pottery Barn's 16x26 lumbar pillows make a great replacement for the corner cushions! They fit perfectly in our Tab 320-S. We get 1. a pop of color because we can use whatever covers we want 2. a down pillow to sleep on by simply adding a pillow case, and 3. we don't need the corner cushions at all and thus don't have to store them at night.
    2016 T@B 320-S, 2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Lynnlee - please post some photos of the cushions.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We leave our weird cushions and side cushions at home since we leave our twin beds made up. Decorative throw pillows provide back support and are easier to get out of the way.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York