Introduction from Florida

TRobTRob Member Posts: 54

We’ve already had some help here solving problems on the forum but have never introduced ourselves.

My wife and I are relatively new to the camper world. We have road tripped all over the U.S. several times but not with a camper in tow. We both did tent camping when younger, but in our 50’s now it’s nice to have some amenities!

When we decided to get into camping we considered everything from a roof top tent to a diesel pusher. Our Tab 400 BD ended up being exactly what we wanted! It’s the perfect size for us and it’s very well built. 

We have only started on camper customizations. The most important mod so far is a six inch foam mattress with a topper. It’s super comfortable. We also have a new sink that we have not installed yet. The coolest mod is the wrap my wife designed. She had some fun with it as you can see in the pics! We’re going to be putting some extra water storage cans on the front for our upcoming Moab trip. We are staying at Dead Horse Point where they have a dump station but no water available.

Our t/v is a Jeep Gladiator. We enjoy hitting off road trails. For those of you Jeepers here (feel free to skip this part if you’re not into Jeeps!), It’s a 2020 Rubicon with a Metalcloak 3.5” lift, Wheel Vintiques Smoothie wheels, 37 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB dual onboard air, Warn winch, full Artec aluminum skids, RCVs, trussed and gusseted axle housings, chromoly shafts in the rear, 5.13 gears, Metalcloak rockers/flip steps, customized XPLOR bed rack, and a custom aluminum bed cover being built. Here is some footage from our recent trip out to Colorado in our JKU last fall. Easy trail technically, but it keeps you awake! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL267B85gYQ

My wife loves art and creating art. She did the design on our camper wrap. I own a rum distillery so if you see us out there please stop by for a drink! She is in charge of camper mods and I do the Jeep. 

This spring/summer our main trips will be to Moab, Shenandoah, and the Rubicon Trail near Tahoe. Really looking forward to getting out there as the world is moving back towards normal!

The moon is the bathroom window. My wife turns the light on in there as it gets dark out and it glows like a full moon!

Troy / 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon / 2021 Tab 400 BD / Sarasota, FL

Comments

• AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    edited February 2021
    Nicely done and welcome to the forum! And yeah...I'll be certain to stop by for an adult beverage if/when I spot "Lil' Bigfoot and the Glad!" 

Curious, what did the DW use for the moon transparency? 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• xdrxdr Member Posts: 259
    Welcome to the TAB forum! Your Gladiator is a monster! That will serve you well in Moab for sure. 
    My wife and I both really like the wrap! That is plain cool. How does one design their own wrap? Is there SW you buy or ?? 

x
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • TRobTRob Member Posts: 54
    AirBoss said:
    Nicely done and welcome to the forum! And yeah...I'll be certain to stop by for an adult beverage if/when I spot "Lil' Bigfoot and the Glad!" 

Curious, what did the DW use for the moon transparency? 
    There isn't anything that my wife can't find on the internet. Somehow she found a moon transparency that fit the window perfectly. I saw someone post on facebook recently about a site that will size them to any size you give them. I don't recall where it was unfortunately. 
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @TRob, great wrap! Looks like you encountered some of the DH cousins out in the woods. He's much more silver, more in the Yeti vein. When traveling in the PNW during 2019, our nephew Michael poked his head out of our t@b every morning to verify there were no sasquatch visible, ready to "rescue" their cousin, my DH. Still, most excellent humor on this. Our best wish to you is happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    xdr said:
    Welcome to the TAB forum! Your Gladiator is a monster! That will serve you well in Moab for sure. 
    My wife and I both really like the wrap! That is plain cool. How does one design their own wrap? Is there SW you buy or ?? 

x
    She used a basic graphics app on her phone called SuperimposeX. She found images, modified them, and then blended them together. You could use any graphics program. Or get a good wrap shop that can do some design work based off of your desires. Then we sent it to our graphics guy who does our labels. He put it into a high def format suitable for the wrap shop to print.

Yes! The Gladiator build has come along nicely! I can't wait to get it on some difficult trails.
  • SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    TRob said:

Here is some footage from our recent trip out to Colorado in our JKU last fall. Easy trail technically, but it keeps you awake! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL267B85gYQ

😳🤯😳🤯😳 There’s no turning back from that one! (Love the squatch wrap, btw)
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • RadcatRadcat Member Posts: 20
    Well done! I love the wrap. That is SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) level art. I speak from my checkbook; #3 son is an alumnus.
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    What Rum distillery do you own?

Is it in FL?

I've been to a vodka one in Tampa.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL

Is it in FL?

Siesta Key Rum. Sarasota FL, but you can buy it in many parts of the country. 
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    TRob said:

Is it in FL?

Siesta Key Rum. Sarasota FL, but you can buy it in many parts of the country. 
    Thanks. 
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    WOW!  Just saw this post by TRob. OMG what a cool set-up.  The Bigfoot wrap is inspired.  Do a few neat mods and you'll be in the "Dale H" Hall of Fame.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
    Tabaz said:
    WOW!  Just saw this post by TRob. OMG what a cool set-up.  The Bigfoot wrap is inspired.  Do a few neat mods and you'll be in the "Dale H" Hall of Fame.
    Thanks! The wrap is by far the best part. My wife not only puts up with my pizza choices - she is talented as well!

I'll have to look up Dale H. 
    Going out on a limb here, but does your wife have a single sister?  I'm potty-trained and all my schooling is paid for.  Just asking.  Mr. and Ms. TRob, this clearly puts you into the Dale H nuCamp Hall of Fame.  Thanks so much for buying a nuCamp trailer and providing motivation and inspiration to the rest of us.  BTW, you'll see no more pizza-eating comments from me.
    Tabaz said:
    Going out on a limb here, but does your wife have a single sister?  I'm potty-trained and all my schooling is paid for.  Just asking.  Mr. and Ms. TRob, this clearly puts you into the Dale H nuCamp Hall of Fame.  Thanks so much for buying a nuCamp trailer and providing motivation and inspiration to the rest of us.  BTW, you'll see no more pizza-eating comments from me.
    LMAO

We are still newbies learning something every day from experienced forum members.
    TRob - PM me your address and I'll see that a pineapple-topped (desiccated, ne, violated) pizza will arrive at your door tonight.  Seriously, this is such a great community.  Everyone here has the sole intention of helping others.  This, in no small part, is the result of the forum moderators. Welcome you.  And now get busy with your new mods.  Remember the Janet Jackson song - "What have you done for me lately."
    @Tabaz That's funny! Does this qualify as a "pizza comment"? LOL

I appreciate the offer! We've already eaten dinner here in Florida.
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Great wrap...and an awesome TV!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
    TRob - I would consider it an honor to buy you guys a pineapple pizza. Just Pm your address, and Tuesday dinner is assured.  Also PM what your wife would like on her half of that pizza because, as you know, you’re the only guy on the planet that likes pineapple pizza with ketchup.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Can you send me a few free samples of your rum so I can see whether it tastes better than my margaritas out here in New Mexico?  😂

Welcome to the forum!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ