Options

Leaking dinette window, 2018 T@B 400

I've searched, and haven't found an answer specific to our leaking problem. It's been pouring rain, and the front window is leaking from the top rubber gasket, onto the table and cushions. It's dripping, not gushing water, thankfully. Does anyone know what we should check to try to fix it when it stops pouring? The window is not in the vent position--it's fully latched. None of the other windows are leaking. Thanks for your help! 

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    @Verna thanks. When it dries out and at home, I'll check into the silicone seal solution. Meanwhile, we've cleaned out dirt from around the window, and shifted it slightly to latch better. Maybe that'll help. Hopefully, we won't have another rainstorm like this morning's! 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Agreed—it was a loud enough thunderstorm here the dogs were a bit upset.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    This happened to me at the end of last summer and I ended up having to replace the window. I learned the hard way not to keep the blinds closed on the front window. The intense heat build up caused the window to bow out slightly. The bow was subtle but just enough to disconnect the seal to the rubber gasket. I’m convinced this is what happened because I had the T@B in one place last summer with the front window facing west.

If your window has done this there is no fixing it. The dealer also mentioned that if the settings on the latches are too tight, the extra tension can promote the bowing process. I was surprised to see the latches are adjustable, but it was too late for me.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo