Options

TAB 320 S 2021 Toilet Problem

Hi, I am new to the TAB world, just had delivery of our 2021 TAB 320 S Boondock and setting up for our first camping weekend. I set up the trailer for dry camp, filled the fresh water tank, turned on the pump and we have water in the kitchen faucet and the bathroom faucet. However, I can't get the toilet to flush. The LED lights are on, I can hear an electric switch or solenoid activate when I try to flush but no water comes out. Any suggestions? Our toilet is the 403L version. Thanks for any assistance, 
2021 TAB S Boondock
2021 Honda Passport
Ontario, Canada

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,514
    Make sure the cassette is securely seated in place.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    graymgraym Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, yes, sealed in place securely. 
    2021 TAB S Boondock
    2021 Honda Passport
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Nucamp responded to my question. There is a shutoff valve behind the panel that is above the toilet seat and below the sink. It was closed. I also saw there is a reservoir there for the blue aqua rinse. Nice to know that. 
    2021 TAB S Boondock
    2021 Honda Passport
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @graym, if you are referring to the reservoir on the right, that is for the Alde glycol.  You have the new brand of glycol that is blue in color. 

Please do not put blue aqua rinse in it—that would be an expensive mistake.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for that. Seems a strange place to be located. I'll check it out tomorrow. Cheers.
    2021 TAB S Boondock
    2021 Honda Passport
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 267
    Good news!  Glad you found the issue.  I have the same model.  Love the T@B, but it is a learning experience.
    Just so you know, I just had that panel off over the weekend to check the glycol level.  It's very difficult to read, as the graduations as they are on the back side of the tank.  I used my phone to get this shot from behind.  If you look closely, you can read the 'max' and 'min' levels.   
    Also, while I had the panel off, I caulked the vertical corner seams with white silicon caulk (where the side walls meet the the panel shown in your photo).  Obviously, we cannot caulk the removable cover, but I think water could make its way behind the cover and into the walls during a shower.  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    @Basil48192 I took a black permanent marker and highlighted the min and max lines on my glycol tank. Much easier to figure out now! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    scottincarmelscottincarmel Member Posts: 29
    Does that panel just "pop" off? Do you need to pry it? I don't want to break the thing. I just see what looks like 3 plastic fasteners at the bottom of it.
    2021 T@B 320S-BD
    2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    Carmel, IN
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @scottincarmel. Use a pocket knife blade or a flat bladed screwdriver to gently pop off the white covers. The screws underneath are #2 Square drive screws (Robertson screws), and remove them. Gently remove the panel by sliding it down and out at the top. Put it aside and keep track of the screws and caps.  You can feel the minimum and maximum line on the rear of the glycol reservoir. Remove the lid and use a flashlight to point down into the reservoir to help determine the level of glycol. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @scottincarmel - Mine has two, round plastic caps towards the bottom of the panel that cover the phillips head screws.  The caps 'pop' off easily with a small screwdriver.  Take the screws off and pull the panel from the bottom.  It's not terribly thick, so don't force it.  Good luck!
  • Options
    @scottincarmel, @Verna - My mistake.  Verna is correct, they are square drive screws...not phillips head.  
  • Options
    Verna said:
    @scottincarmel. Use a pocket knife blade or a flat bladed screwdriver to gently pop off the white covers. The screws underneath are #2 Square drive screws (Robertson screws), and remove them. Gently remove the panel by sliding it down and out at the top. Put it aside and keep track of the screws and caps.  You can feel the minimum and maximum line on the rear of the glycol reservoir. Remove the lid and use a flashlight to point down into the reservoir to help determine the level of glycol. 
    Thank you Verna, that is awesome info!
    2021 T@B 320S-BD
    Carmel, IN
  • Options
    @scottincarmel - Mine has two, round plastic caps towards the bottom of the panel that cover the phillips head screws.  The caps 'pop' off easily with a small screwdriver.  Take the screws off and pull the panel from the bottom.  It's not terribly thick, so don't force it.  Good luck!
    Many thanks, very good to know!
    2021 T@B 320S-BD
    Carmel, IN
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments about the glycol reservoir, much appreciated. 
    2021 TAB S Boondock
    2021 Honda Passport
    Ontario, Canada