Options

Dim bulb?

My right stop light doesn’t shine brightly. There is a faint glow, but it isn’t sufficient.

I’ve ascertained that it’s not the TV, and I’ve changed out the seven pin plug. I’ve also pulled out the light assemblage, but I see no problems there.

How can I go about finding the problem?

Thanks for any advice. 

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,611
    edited May 2021
    @Kalamazookim ; Several questions.

What year T@B,
    LED lights or bulbs,
    Have you ever replaced the full tail light assemble; left or right on this T@B,
    Have you been the only owner or did you purchase used,
    Do you recall if the Right Stop Light ever was as bright as the Left,
    Do you indeed mean the Stop Light (brakes on) not turn signal or running light,
    If brakes on Stop Light, then how does brightness of Right Turn Signal compare to Left Turn Signal.

Answers might help clarify problem source, or not :|

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  52   Nights:  329  Towing Miles 41,900+
  • Options
    KalamazookimKalamazookim Member Posts: 5
    2018 T@b 
    LED lights
    I’m the only owner.
    Until about two weeks ago, all the lights were working properly and consistently. 
    The brake light and turn indicator aren’t functioning properly, although the running lights seems to be working equally.
    The right brake light and turn indicator are both equally dim.

I haven’t replaced the lights, although I have removed the right light to see if I could see a problem. 

I tried dielectric grease, and I thought it solved things, as the lights seemed equal when I tested them. However, the “fix” didn’t stay. 

• Options
    And, MuttonChops, thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,611
    2018 T@b 
    LED lights
    I’m the only owner.
    Until about two weeks ago, all the lights were working properly and consistently. 
    The brake light and turn indicator aren’t functioning properly, although the running lights seems to be working equally.
    The right brake light and turn indicator are both equally dim.

Most likely the Right Tail light assembly has failed.
    Most of these tail light units have two banks of LEDs, one bank is on for the running lights, both are on for the STOP/TURN light (actual insides might be different while the concept is the same).

So I suspect one of the LED banks is bad and you must replace the full assembly to fix it.

You could switch the Left/Right tail light assemble and I'd expect the dim light to move to the left side.
    However switching the two does require cutting/connecting wires.

Might be easier to just purchase a replacement tail light assembly and install it.

My 2018 T@B uses this tail light assembly:
       Amazon:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  52   Nights:  329  Towing Miles 41,900+
  • Options
    Thanks so much! I’ll get on that.