Options

Towing and stopped at a red light - has this happened to you?

While stopped at a red light with my beautiful 2014 T@B in tow this past week, the driver in front of me slammed his vehicle into park, jumped out of his truck, ran back to my vehicle and said, "I gotta ask... Is there much room in those things?" He wasn't a tall fellow, so I said "yes: kitchen, bath and queen size bed. Get one. It will change your life!" And with that, the light turned green, he jumped back into his vehicle and off we went on our separate ways. 
2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada

Comments

• Options
    TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    Not that extreme, but completed our first trip in our T@B 400 this weekend and a lot of interest .... as so many people say. T@B worked a treat. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 270
    We get questions and comments all the time when we gas up the TV. People seem intrigued by our T@b 400. On our last trip an older gentleman was so insistent on seeing the interior that I felt obligated to remove all the stuff we had stowed for towing (lawn chairs, storage box, grill, etc) so he could go inside and look around. Ah, the burden of owning a Tab!
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    I've had more than a few traffic light conversations about the Tab.  "What does it weigh, etc".  My favorite was a guy in a huge lifted truck.  "Hey!  How do you think that thing would handle in the snow?"
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Stopped at a CBP checkpoint in SoCal few months back. Officer on driver said asked the usual questions. Next thing I know another guy is at passenger window asking, "Hey, does that thing have a bathroom?" Next 30 seconds or so I was peppered with questions (thankfully no one behind me in line). Finally they said "Well, we better let you go 'cause our Commander is looking out the window wondering what's taking so long. Have a great trip!"

One of several instances like many other folks on here. Just spreading the gospel according to nuCamp! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    On a recent trip we answered questions at gas station.  The guy asking was intrigued by it.  So we showed him the back galley of our clam shell and let him peer in the door.  At the end of this tour he admitted he didn't camp but loved the trailer.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    We were followed to a gas station...and yes while pumping she took pictures and finally approached my husband...and of course a tour was given...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    KimmieGuyKimmieGuy Member Posts: 27
    The questions are common and so so funny.  I have twins, and I think the Tab gets more attention than the babes I raised…. 😆 
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    The past year my wife just shakes her head in disbelief. Every time we stop anywhere we get questions about the T@B, the Bronco, or the canoes... every time. We use the T@B for antique shows (park it at the booth) and people are more interested in the T@B than the antiques.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    hustoncshustoncs Member Posts: 18
    @Mellow_Yellow Every trip out so far people ask to look over our TAB 400 and express how much they like it, so you'll get more lookers for sure! Cheers
    2001 Toyota Sequoia || 2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • Options
    TowheeTowhee Member Posts: 47
    We get many questions at camp grounds and more than a few wanted a tour inside.  Biggest question from other Nucamp owners is how we tow it with a Tesla. (Very well).
  • Options
    ViajeroViajero Member Posts: 123
    We get it twice as bad as we tow with an electric vehicle. We have done about 12000 kilometre in the last four months. We have been accosted dozens of times. Especially at superchargers.