Options

2021 T@B 400 Victron question

We just traded our 2021 320S BD for a 400. I had begun to understand the Victron app on the 320 and thought I'd have no questions on the 400. I'm currently on shore power and seeing the attached output from the app and am confused.

I would expect no output on the solar and Load Output to be Off. Can someone please point me in the right direction? On the 320, in a similar setup, I would see no output on the solar and off on the load output. 

BTW, the 2-day fridge is on and the Not-so-Fantastic Fan is on setting 1.

Thank you!

2021 400 BD
2018 Ford F150 

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    edited August 2021
    @LonesomeRoad
    The solar controller is connected directly to the batteries...so if there is sunshine, it charges the batteries.
    The Load Output is for the auxillary terminals on the SmartSolar 75/15. Those are not used in the factory installation, but they are left on in settings. It does no harm, and I think you can turn them off in settings as well. They allow a 12V load to be run directly off the solar controller, but like I said, they aren't utilized in the factory implementation.

Edit: So I just looked at the screen shot, and I don't know why you show anything on the Load Outputs...mine says 0. 
    Possibly just a phantom reading.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,205
    @LonesomeRoad Not to hijack the thread but I didn’t realize you had already traded up. I know you were one of the ones waiting on your 320 earlier this year. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    @LonesomeRoad Not to hijack the thread but I didn’t realize you had already traded up. I know you were one of the ones waiting on your 320 earlier this year. 
    Yes, we were. It was finally delivered in May and we had it out for about six trips and decided that, while we could deal with the setup/tear down, that something like the 400 would be better for us. Found a dealer that had two that were delivered a couple of days before we went by them on a trip and ended up trading our 320. Still sounds like NuCamp has issues with keeping dealers and waiting customers informed in a timely manner of build issues and trust they will address those. I would say, BTW, that our 320 was better built than the 400. So far, nothing big on the 400, but the cabinet work on the 320 was better.
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Options
    ChrisFix said:
    @LonesomeRoad
    The solar controller is connected directly to the batteries...so if there is sunshine, it charges the batteries.

I thought that the controller on the 320 (same controller) would show 0 watts of power coming off the panel if the battery was charged. Guess I have more to learn. Thanks for the response.

2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    @LonesomeRoad - We had a lingering current showing on our BMV.  We resolved this by Synchronizing then doing a Zero Current Calibration.  I know you don’t have the BMV, but maybe you just need to resynch to get rid of that output.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Is the default setting in the Victron appropriate for the supplied Harris AGM batteries?
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    Is the default setting in the Victron appropriate for the supplied Harris AGM batteries?
    Yes...

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,205
    Yes, we were. It was finally delivered in May and we had it out for about six trips and decided that, while we could deal with the setup/tear down, that something like the 400 would be better for us. Found a dealer that had two that were delivered a couple of days before we went by them on a trip and ended up trading our 320. Still sounds like NuCamp has issues with keeping dealers and waiting customers informed in a timely manner of build issues and trust they will address those. I would say, BTW, that our 320 was better built than the 400. So far, nothing big on the 400, but the cabinet work on the 320 was better.
    Awesome. Sounds like it's going to be a better fit for you guys. Yeah, the cabinet work is really where most of our issues are. The most major one is going to require me to remove the upper cabinets and hopefully reattach them a bit higher up on the right side to correct a sloping issue.

Sorry to derail this thread.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road