Options

Delivery of my T@B (and others if you're in the Phx area)!

mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
edited July 2015 in Introductions
Just heard from my dealer that my unit will leave the factory tomorrow! I'm sure there was someone else who said they think theirs will be on the same shipment (my apologies - I can't find that note and don't remember who that was). Really excited - I've been dreaming about owning a small trailer for years and had decided on a T@B over a year ago. This forum has been a wealth of information so thanks to everyone. I'm sure I'll be using the expression "it takes a village to raise a child", as I continue to post pictures and questions ---- you are my village! Hope to pay it forward. Stay tuned for pictures when I pick her up. Isl@nd Girl coming to her new home =)
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    Yahoo! Can't wait to see her too. Post pix! Congrats on the soon to be blessed event.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Good, we can camp together this winter when I'm down that way.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Good, we can camp together this winter when I'm down that way.
    Would love that Verna! I've made two reservations already - one the latter part of Sept to Patagonia Lake SP (my middle grandson will be visiting from San Diego so I'm taking him camping - figure what newbie mistakes I make he won't notice - lol). Also going by myself to Roper Lake SP in Oct.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options

I won't get there until January.  I take my time getting there.  It's nice around the Gulf Shores in late December, nice place for the New Year. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:

I won't get there until January.  I take my time getting there.  It's nice around the Gulf Shores in late December, nice place for the New Year. 

Will chat with you about the Gulf Shores because I eventually want to make my way east and am unsure about timing. Weather anywhere east of NM always seems to be hit with one thing or another. I'll be in Tucson until end of April and then will start full time (visiting most, if not all, of the western states for about a year - after that I'll reassess my desire to continue (leaving it open to the "travel gods").

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Verna - Any recommendations down there on the peninsula?
  • Options

Yes, Meaher State Park east of the causeway, east of Mobile, on Ducker Bay.  $25/night for waterfront campsites with full hook-ups.  It costs less if you commit to a full week at a time.  It was so great sitting in a camp chair looking out over the bay, watching the waterfowl, the waterfowl hunters, the boats, the sun, the "nothing".  Actually rather inexpensive for a waterfront campsite.  And, these are very spacious campsites.  Close to shopping, close to the USS Drum WWII Submarine, and the USS Alabama WWII Battleship, but yet very much not in a metropolitan area.  Local fish eateries are close.  I found it with Allstays app.

Now here's Alabama's state park rules.  You can only stay in a "campsite" for 2 full weeks, and then you must move to another "campsite", even if it's in the same state park.  So, you become buddies with another camper and you swap campsites with them...some of them do this all winter.  It's legal. 

There are some private campgrounds where you can stay all winter, but they are RV parks.  They were farther east of the causeway. 

Verna, Columbus, IN