Options

How hard is it to put up this awning?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
edited December 2021 in Products and Accessories
I previously bought an awning from All Pro Adventures (not this one) and between me and my dad and an hour and a half we were never able to get it up. It was the kind with the horizontal poles that rest against the camper and all the color coded poles for the front arch. I returned it for a loss of about $120 so im nervous about making another awning purchase. For those that have this awning from All Pro Adventures for their 400 let me know if this one is fairly easy to put up? It looks easier than the other one. 

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    We have this one with our 400 (or one very similar) and it is quite easy to put up even by yourself, though not if it is really windy. Ours slides into the upper Keder rail and attaches to the lower Keder rail for tension and has no poles. Works fine in light rain but not in heavy rain or wind. It is very nice as a sun shade, is light and easy to store.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    BlueYonderBlueYonder Member Posts: 19
    We have same one for our 400. Goes up easily and provides good shade and light rain protection. Works best for me to push through keder rail rather then pulling. Can be done alone, but easier with another person helping to insert rod into perimeter.
  • Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    We do it in lass that 10 minutes with ours.  Start to finish, including adjustments. It holds up well in light rain and wind.  I would caution about using it in higher winds, it can become a sail.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 272
    I would forget about the awning. Too much expense, trouble, and weight for too little benefit. Just use the trailer itself for shade and go inside when it rains.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Hi Binghi, you sound just like me and I have camped in a T@b for seven years without one for those very reasons.  This one just looked a lot easier to put up but you have a good point! I'm still on the fence if I will use it or not. I'm all about being a minimalist. So cute though!