Options

Water coming out safety/drain overflow valve TAB 400 2021

AmySAmyS Member Posts: 8
Hi 👋🏻 I have a 2021 Tab 400. 
Question about water overflow valve/drain. I had this issue happen once actually I think it was the second time I camped with full hook ups. I can’t remember what my solution was. 

I plugged into city water and I do have a water regulator. However this particular park I did not remember this it doesn’t work. The only thing I can do at this park is to fill the water tank and run off of dry camp mode. 

On city water the water came out the valves underneath. I switched it to dry camp but the valves still drain. I looked under the bed and the two yellow tabs are in the down position . The hot and cold water low drain valves are closed. Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to resolve it? I’m not able to use water because it just comes out underneath the camper. 

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    AmySAmyS Member Posts: 8
    Here’s the solution thanks to a another tab owner:

Sometimes even though the yellow valves look shut they actually get stuck.  All I did was to open the yellow valves by having them stand straight up and then closing them again which is in the down position. Hurray!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,218
    They also may be leaking because the water pressure is too high. These valves are meant to open slightly if the incoming water supply is too high. You mentioned you didn’t use a pressure regulator which shows that those valves were doing their job by opening slightly to relieve pressure. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road